Left/Right Volume bars zero at different places

A recent visit to the Audi to send one of my Oticon More 1’s for repair resulted in me gettin a loaner device. After the audi programmed the loaner HA, i see this odd behavior (see below) i did not have before.

Before the loaner device, both sides had the 0 marker at the same spot.

I have restored a fitting session that I have on my own computer before visiting the audi and still see the same behavior.

Any idea what controls this in the Genie software?

Many thanks in advance

1 Like

This might have to do with the margin left to increase volume. You could go up with volume and see if both hearing aids have the same upper limits.

1 Like

Thank you. Definitely related to the Reserve Gain. I just don’t understand why now… It almost seems like the newer spare device has greater reserve gain…

Thanks again

1 Like

Yeah I think when programming it is possible to individually set this, so do the volume clicks on your HAs work together, as in one click adjusts the other or are they independently adjusted.

It seems this is a function of how much amplification power is left in the HAs given your individual audiogram. Maybe someone can confirm.

If you want both ears showing the same reserve gain just adjust that on Genie. You will need to lower the max volume gain in the one with more juice left. I will post a screenshot when I have the chance. It is on that tab where you choose between 1dB and 2.5dB for each volume click.

Edit: See volume range (the black bar in the bottom)

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you for the explanation.

1 Like

When I turn on separate volume adjustment in Oticon On app, one of adjustment knob moves higher than other. Have you the same app glitch?

1 Like