Left HA Dome sliding out all of a sudden

I had exactly the same problem.

My audi (Costco) fixed it by adding a small extension to the tube - I don’t know what it’s called - stabilizer? Tube extension? Tube tail?

I did a Google search and found the picture below, which calls it a “stabilizer bar”.

Whatever it’s called - it fixed my slipping problem instantly, and permanently. I only have it on one of the HAs - the other one doesn’t slip.

Mine actually include the stabliizer bar on both already so I don’t THINK that’s the issue. I will talk to my Audi on Monday. I’m curious to see what she suggests. Thanks.

Try smaller domes. What size did the give you?

I’m using the large open domes with the holes. I saw my Audi today and she looked at it and said somehow the stabilizer bar had moved. She fixed it and it moved again while I was in the office. So…she replaced the stabilizer bar and the dome and so far everything seems to be much better. She also gave me 2 spare domes but I doubt if I’ll need them any time soon. If it stops holding then she said she may want to use ear molds but she’s hoping to avoid that since I’m now used to the open air domes. I did ask about smaller size domes and she didn’t think that would work.

Without looking in your ear to see how things look, I’m sure she’s correct. I know with some patients their ear canal flexing with jaw movement can sometimes work the dome out of their ear, going smaller means their canal has less to grab and spit out.

Thanks Steve. The more I work with my Audi the more I respect her opinion. She works in an office with one of the best ENT’s in the area and I know he wouldn’t hire anyone who wasn’t very good at what they do. He has a reputation to maintain…

I was just at my Audi again for the left HA gradually sliding out. We’re trying the medium Phonaks vs the large Phonaks. If this doesn’t work then we’ll go with ear molds. So far everything seems to be staying in place so I’ve got my fingers crossed. Ear molds aren’t an issue I don’t think but I’d prefer to stay with the open domes.