KS10 reverts to default volume in 60 minutes ... can this be altered? any work around? Issue resolved

Mine are different - went from selected default easyline TV program with +2 volume.
Streamed music - automatically went to streaming at volume 0/default .
Stopped streaming - reverted to TV program +2 volume…
shrug
Do you have the latest Easyline app? 3.0.3 released about 8 weeks ago iirc.
Do you have the latest KS10 firmware update? No idea what it is… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Oz-Tack Much thanks - I really appreciate you.Even though I had downloaded EasyLine app 2 weeks ago it was only on V3.0.2, and when updated my KS10 behavior (meaning not reverting manual settings) is what you report.

In my OP, I have summarized in detail what I have learned from this thread. If you read that summary and there are any inaccuracies please let me know so I can revise it. My goal is to summarize things so that anyone reading this topic in the future can choose to only read the summary and not miss anything important from all of the contributors to this thread.

Old thread, but figured I’d contribute…
I got my KS10’s in December '21, so after the date of the reported firmware/software updates. I’ve noticed that if I change programs either through the HA buttons, or the Easyline app, when next I go back into Easyline, the HA’s are back on Auto. I’m not sure if it’s happening due to a time limit function, or if it’s the activation of the app itself that’s making the change. I hear no warning tones when the change happens.

And on a totally unrelated note… My HA’s went back to Phonak a few days ago due to having lots of other strange issues.
One unit is almost always 20 to 30 less on battery charge than the other. It used to be the right one when it was set as the master unit. Now it’s the left one ever since things were reset to make it the master.
Many times when the battery level is quite different (moreso than usual) I can hear a very faint ticking coming over the lower battery level unit. The clicking appears to be every second as if sitting next to a clock.

Also, When I plug the units into the charger in the evening, many times one of the units will glow solid green, as if fully charged, even though it was at a typical battery level for the end of a full days use. Sometimes it will be the right unit and sometimes the left. Removing and installing them many times from the charger is needed to get the indicator lights (and the corresponding battery level numbers on the app) to change to what they actually are. If I leave a mostly depleted unit in the charger and the green light is showing, the next morning that HA is dead. A green light, although false, keeps the HA from charging.
And lately, with the newest version of Easyline, even though both units are BT connected to my fully updated Android phone (pixel 7 pro) and working as expected, I cannot get the right HA to pair with the Easyline app. No amount of turning phone/HA/app on and off helps, nor does unpairing or uninstalling the app help to get the right HA to pair with the app.
Back to Phonak they went along with the charging case. Costco says Phonak will most likely replace them as opposed to trying to repair them. I can only hope. Now, it would be nice if they actually helped me in hearing live voices better… And would be nice if they helped when in movie theaters, as ever since I started wearing them I can no longer make out most of the dialog during movies (no the theater doesn’t have a loop…they only have a portable video device you need to look at for subtitles which ruins the experience).