KS10.0T 40% charge and solid red LED after 8hr charge

I put both my KS10.0T aids to charge at 11pm yesterday, and when I checked them at 7am today, the left one was at 100% and the right one was at 40% with a solid red LED. I put them to charge again for another hour or so, and about 3 hours later the right one was down to 3%. I put the right one in the charger again for a couple of hours and reset it (looong press on the lower button). Now another three hours later it’s down to 10%.

Anyone else seen behavior like this either on a KS10.0T or on its Phonak counterpart, the P90RT?

Is getting it repaired or replaced under warranty my only option?

That sort of thing can happen if the contacts on the bottom of the aid or in the charger are dirty. Or you don’t seat them properly. Hopefully, that will solve your issue and the aids aren’t faulty…

Try putting it in the hole for the other aid, too. Just to isolate problem - aid from charger.

WH

I found the Phonak manual online, and they do say that the solid red indicates that the contacts need cleaning. I did that and put the aids in the charger again, and the right aid’s charge level went up to 99% (LED still blinking green) before I needed to take it out of the charger and wear it.

Now, only 4 hours later, the right aid is down to 29%, while the left aid is st 83%.

Update: And now, another two hours later – total of only 6 hours since it was charged to 99% – it is at only 10%.

Phonak support said I needed to return the aid for repair. I took it back to Costco, who told me turnaround time is usually a week or ten days; they gave me an appointment ten days ahead but will let me know if the aid comes back earlier.

Got my right aid back yesterday. The HIS said it has all new innards but with the same Serial No. She said this is the first one still less than 6 months old that she’s had to send back.

The started happening to me. I have a phonak mini charger as a back up so I have been using it for the last 3 days with no problems. looks like the problem might be with the Ks charger which is only 6 months old.

There was no suggestion that my problem was with the charger – and in fact I had already tried charging the right aid in the left charging position, but to no avail: the aid was replaced.