Kirkland Signature Premium 4.0

The Kirklands do have a t-coil but it is not used for neckloop or TV listening. There is a separate device, as describe above, the BLU-RCU or the mini-BLU-RCU, for bluetooth phone (cell phone or BT enabled landline) and TV. The device is worth it, in my opinion.

For my brand, Resounds, each piece is separate so to get a bluetooth phone device, remote control, and TV transmitter, I would spend about $450 at Costco.

I identify with your tv/wife questions or comment. What worked for me was to install a loop system in my home. I put one aid on t-coil and leave the one nearest my wife on “everyday”. I hear the tv great and can still hear my wife. You can buy an inexpensive amplifier, a roll of speaker wire, a pair of RCA connectors for less than $100 bucks and install it yourself. If I would have known how simple and inexpensive this is I would have done it a long time ago. PS: be sure to get T-coil on your aids.

you can either shut the mic’s off or open to a percentage via the software. this can be done for most programs.

Well I went and picked up my KS premium 4.0 hearing aids and before I got home they were already going haywire! Tried these out in the store for over an hour and they worked fine, but on the way home the squealing began. I have been wearing aids now for over 30 years, so the first thought was, that the little plastic domes were not making a good seal. Wrong! No matter what I did, the squealing would return.

Costco has been great and I am going back tomorrow to try out another pair that they had to order. I thought maybe I needed a bigger dome or possibly to have a mold made custom to my ears. The lady tested the aids out and said there was something wrong with aids, so I am going to try out another set. I did try out their demo set again and all was fine.

I am not meaning to complain, but just being honest. I am glad they have a 90 day trial period.

For those of you that bought the Mini-Blu is it worth it? I need something for the TV, but that seems expensive just for TV. As I see it, if I want cell phone connection, I have to buy one that is compatable is that right? We have a Boze Ipod docking station, but I do not see any audio output connections where I could add this Mini-Blu.

Thanks for being patient with me and for all your help and suggestions.
farfel

Come to find out my problem lies within the plastic domes! Please check the GENERAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS section of this forum, under the heading of Open Fit Devices for the latest update.
farfel

New here - and grateful for all the information and participation. The HA world is weird and mysterious to us first time users. Learning about the merciless monopoly that HA manufacturers have and the outrageous prices they charge for devices that have less technology than an iPhone is pretty shocking. Thanks to the folks here, I went to the local Costco (Ft. Worth) and got a pair of the new KS 4’s. The tech (Tammy) is incredible - she knows the product and software inside and out - and has learned how to tweak the initial Critical Gain Measurement part of the initial fitting to get the best compression curve. It’s awesome to work with someone who really knows her stuff! Long story short, the KS 4’s are incredible - the programs are useful but auto works fine. After some investigation, I’ve learned (from Rexton) that the KS 4’s are the Rexton Onyx with an enhanced logic board. Costco’s rule is that the product they buy from you has to be as good or better than what you sell to others, and Rexton appears to be compliant. Hopefully Costco will be followed by others in breaking the strangle-hold that the HA makers have on the world. Finally, I think the skill of the Costco tech that does the fitting is critical - and after watching Tammy work and going through the final fitting with her, I am seriously impressed. Go Costco!