Kirkland KS10 vs Philips HearLink 9030

I am looking to upgrade from my KS7.0. At Costco they reccommended the Phillips if I was willing to spend the extra money. I didn’t have time to ask a lot of questions, but I asked why I should spend the extra and I was told she just liked the Phillips better.

Does anyone have an insight on the difference between the 2 and if the extra $400 ir worth it.
Thanks for you help.

There’s plenty of posts on this topic, just use the search button from right here on hearingtracker to help you find most of the information you want.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?context=topic&context_id=65022&q=Philips%20hearlink&skip_context=true

Difference between which two models are you asking about?

@tenkan

Think he wants to know the difference between KS10 and Philips.

1 Like

My take is if $400 significant and you’ve been reasonably happy with the KS7, I’d try the KS10
(FYI I went from KS7 to to KS9 and like them very much) KS10 will give you direct bluetooth streaming from most bluetooth sources (albeit some troubleshooting is likely involved) The hearing aid button setup isn’t as good as the KS7, but otherwise I’d say they’re a notable improvement. A lot of the Costco techs like the Phillips. I assume they have many satisfied customers with the Phillips. Phillips is made for iPhone so although the KS10 will work with iPhone via bluetooth, it will not take advantage of Made for iPhone features. In short try one of them based on some criteria and if you don’t like it, try the other. They’re both good hearing aids.

1 Like

The biggest tech difference off the bat is battery life if you do streaming. The ks10 has an expected battery life of about 16 hr and the philips about double that.

As for sound - I tried them both (bought and returned the philips for the jabra) and felt that the sound of the philips was fuller - more dynamic range than the ks10 for me - but I know everyone hears differently.

1 Like

I’m only getting 16-17 hours daily battery life out of the Philips 9030s with a few hours tv streaming. A lot probably depends on the fitting to correct your hearing loss, but I have read the KS10s are generally regarded as not holding a charge as long as other brands.

I’m surprised you aren’t getting longer on the philips. I would go through a whole day and have quite a bit of charge left. As to the ks10 - the biggest issue is the traditional Bluetooth which is a huge power hog.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input. Rechargeable batteries are my biggest concern with upgrading. I like the ability to have a fully charged aid in seconds that you get with replaceable battery.

1 Like

The Philips 9030 is available with a replaceable 312 battery or rechargeable battery.

I have rechargeable batteries. I agree.
I now have two chargers. One at home; one in my car.