Kirkland KS10.0T and Phonak Paradise rechargeable battery drain after Android 12 upgrade

Also installed android 13 Beta, on my pixel 4xl. And the battery drain problem on the right KS10 is cured.

Thanks for the tips.

Cheers

1 Like

Android 13 has been officially released, check out Android 13 Customizable Apps & Security Controls - Android for details about new features. It is immediately available for Google Pixel 4 and newer. For other manufactures as Samsung, Sony etc. it will take a while as usual till Android 13 is released for their devices.

IF you have installed 13 Beta it will update automatically. When your phone gets the update offer just click UPDATE and it will happen. Takes a while, best part of an hour before it totally finishes optomizing all your apps. Got it today, but it may take days or ? before your phone gets the offer. So far no real change from the Beta. Cosmetic as far as I can tell.

Yes the Android V13 cured the excessive Hearing aid battery drain. They should have admitted the problem up front and told us that they would fix it with V13. It is not good public relations or customer service to act like it was not real and give us the run around. I am disappointed in Google and Android.

1 Like

The first Google rep. I contacted did say that they had had no other reports of this problem, but later they did say that they were aware of the problem but were working on it. I think that promising it would be solved in Android 13 would have been a mistake. AND I saw one or two reports of the same problem with some Samsung phones.

I reported the problem the Google Disability Support Group,thru Android and thru pixel.it took the weeks to say they were aware and working on it. I have no respect for their customer service On Monday August 16 they said they had replicated the issue and were working on it

On Monday, August 16 Android 13, with the fix already in place, started arriving on eligible devices. And the fix was already in Android 13 beta 4.1 a week or two before that.

I went to the system settings on my Pixel 5a and started the upgrade last night, done by this morning. I noticed the last week or so that the difference between L&R improved some.

1 Like

Hi, just a FYI. Phonak are saying it is an issue with specific Samsung and Google handsets. Pixel and Fold 3 so far
I got this link from phonak
http://product-support.phonak.com/s/article/Why-is-the-power-consumption-much-higher-on-one-hearing-aid-than-the-other?language-en_US

Explains issue has been fixed with Pixel, but Samsung have not fixed the issue with Fold 3 devices (Yet?)
Costco did replace the insides of my left side (which is the side set to communicate with my phone) and also the battery. Fixed it for 2 days.