Keep Phonak M50-R in charger?

When not being worn, should the Marvel 50-R be kept in the charger for extende time such as three days?

0 Likes

I have the M 90 Rs. I have kept them in my charger for over 24 hours with no issues, but haven’t gone as long as three days. Might be a question for Phonak.

0 Likes

I don’t think it should be an issue to leave them in. If you decide to take them out, I believe you’d need to turn them off.

0 Likes

It seems to me that would depend on the sophistication of the charger. Does it cut charging voltage/current back when the battery is fully charged or even stop all charging. Some chargers have that sophistication and others do not.

0 Likes

What about a trivial short circuit or a storm?

0 Likes

You could connect the charger to a timed power socket so that the current is removed after an X number of hours … However, remember to disable the automatic HA switch-on function as this happens even by disconnecting the power supply (with the automatic switch-on function enabled the HAs remains off as long as there is power on the charger).

1 Like

Since they are turned off automatically when you remove them from the charger I would do that rather than leave them in for an extended period.

0 Likes

I think it depends on which Phonaks and how they’re set up. Audeo Bs are automatically turned off when removed, but I believe the default (unless programmed differently) is to have the Audeo Ms (Marvels) turn on when removed from charger. I know that’s the case for the Signia NX. It’s actually very convenient, but could be problematic with frequent power outages.

0 Likes

Thanks, was not aware of that programming. Will have Audie check to see if mine can be turned on automatically upon removal.

0 Likes

Why would you not wear them every day? They work better if you wear them every day (your brain adjusts to the sound).

0 Likes

Not sure which ones you’re using, but you should be able to change that at setting for the audeo Ms using the phone app.

0 Likes

I did a current check and these are the results:

No Aids - 3ma with 230ma pulse every 10 sec
Charging - 30ma with 230ma pulse every 10 sec
Charged (Steady green) - 7ma with 230ma pulse every 10 sec

So the charger cuts back to a maintenance charge after competing. If you unplug the charger with the aids in they will turn on if set to do so. The remote app has the ability to change the setting. In my opinion 3 days may be OK and any longer they should be turned off. It would be a good Phonak question.

1 Like

Thanks, I have Phonak Audeo B90-R RIC with ComPilot II. The App for them does not have that capability.

0 Likes