Just Ordered Unitron Moxi 12's-Any Comments?

Hi

I,m a newbie to the forum, although have been reading it with interest for the past few weeks and have found it very informative.

I am an old geezer at 74 yrs young and this will be my first set of HA’s, although I probably should have had them years ago.

I still work part-time and am increasingly having difficulty making out conversation particularly in a noisy environment.

I have had my hearing test and the audi recommended Unitron Moxi 6’s (based primarily on my limited budget), but based on 6 bands vs 12, and my inability to hear in noisy environments I think I might be better off going to the Moxi 12’s ($300 extra)…any suggestions?

My advice, to everyone purchasing hearing aids, is to get the best tech you can comforably afford. In the long run, you will be more satisfied. Also, people tend to vastly underestimate the quantity of time they are around background noise.

I agree with DocAudio, if you can afford the extra $300, definitely upgrade to the 12’s.

it look’s like our pro ’ EnglishDispenser’ who made a fool of himself saying that anyone at age 62 only had 10 to 12 illness free years left and should buy anything that worked before illness set in at 72 to 74 has had his silly post pulled to save face.

I believe that when that was posted, it was meant more as a joke.

really? well when you are 62 and your hubby a little older maybe you wouldn’t take it as a joke. The gentlemen pushed that twice. Also, ripped folks as elite for playing the FAKE game of golf. I looked at his professional information here and even other UK pro’s seem to think his web site isn’t exactly kosher. (I hope that does offend anyone)

It’s possible. I can see how someone says that you only have maybe 15 years of life left could be a bit upsetting.

He’s using stats to confirm his notions, being 62 however means that the stats relevance to you is flawed.

After that rabbit trail, let’s get this thread back on topic, please.

I agree that going with the best tech you can reasonable afford gives your professional more and better tools to compensate for your hearing loss.

it look’s like our pro ’ EnglishDispenser’ who made a fool of himself saying that anyone at age 62 only had 10 to 12 illness free years left and should buy anything that worked before illness set in at 72 to 74 has had his silly post pulled to save face.

1. The mods pulled my posts - not me. Did you trigger that?

2. Actuarial tables show that a 62 year old US female has 22 years remaining. I guesstimated the 10 - 12 illness free years figure - but it’s probably not too far out.

3. Please don’t misquote me - you have done that a few times now in order to bolster your position. For example you stated that I regarded golf as an elitist sport. I don’t regard golf as anything more than a silly game for people with nothing better to do. In the UK at least, golf is a hobby for both rich and poor. Also, YOU raised golf as a topic on this forum - dunno why.

4. Re my web site : it has existed since 2004. Other dispensers do NOT regard it with suspicion - they just get grumpy about my low prices. Can you provide any evidence to support that ‘isn’t exactly kosher’ comment?

5. My main aim was to get you to stop wasting your life on a mega search for a ‘perfect’ hearing solution. With a good audi, which I assume you have, Good Enough Is Good Enough with regard to the hardware itself.

6. Finally: it is now clear that your aim here is now to show off your “intellectual superiority”. You also have no intention of “losing” any argument or discussion. In view of this I now bow out of discussing anything further with you. You don’t want answers, you just want attention. I will restrict myself to trying to help real people with real problems or real questions.

MODERATOR: Please could you leave this post as it is - I think it’s useful, and I won’t be saying anymore on the topic. Many thanks.

I see from your new thread you are taking your ball and going home?

As a newbie I posted a legitimate question that I was hoping to get some advice on, knowing that most members of the forum were much more knowledgable than I and that the forum also had the benefit of the pros knowledge and experience.

Out of the dozen or so posts, some of which were withdrawn,there were exactly 3 that were on topic and helpful - I thank those people for their responses.

The remaining posts had no bearing on my concerns, speculated on my life expectancy (I’m 74) and continued a disagreement that began in another post.

It is obvious that there is at least one person here whose sole purpose is to create dissention and pull people’s chain, if such “s___ disturbers” were ignored they would probably go away and this forum could return to what it was intended to be.

Sorry, just my 2 cents - as a newbie,I am very disappointed.:mad:

Jazzer1 (Doug)

See if they will do you an upgradei to the PRO version…

Jazzer1, a potential solution is to PM someone who has answered a question of yours in a manner that pleases you and discuss your needs in private. I know and sell the Unitron line of products, and live in Ontario. Feel free to PM me and we can talk.

It is disapointing that we have devolved into whatever this is.

We be kinda close as I am 71 and also a newbe. I am trying a pair of Moxi 20s as we speak. I have been wearing Phonacs for the past four years and find them so-so. As to the Moxi 20s they definately improve my ability to hear the spoken voice in resturants and the sermon at church this morning. However they sound like I have a tin can attached to my ears. Also annoying is their inability to automatically adjust for changes in sound volume very well. That plus they over amplify the ambient sound of wind, air conditioners and other background noise.

At this point I think I am going to return them. And Oh - - They want $6,500.00 for the pair if I get the remote option… Outrageous in my opinion.

Well I just got my new Moxi’s yesterday, very cool! The audi just did a quick fit and hasn’t setup any special programs yet - but I must say so far I am impressed, they seem to adapt well to different environments and I haven’t noticed any downsides yet (heard my car’s directional signals for the first time as I was driving home :)).

Although I haven’t spent much time in the “real world” since getting them yesterday afternoon…I go to work later today (in retail), so that will give me a better idea how they will perform in a noisy environment.

They are capable of 3 program modes - what do most users use the different programs for?

I thank those that provided advice to my posting and will keep you updated as I continue this new “voyage of discovery”.

Well done referee!

jazzer, you need to post a follow-up review. I’m just about in need of new aids and have been looking at the Moxi 12. And for what it’s worth I found them at Audiometrix (www,hearingaid.pro) for $1395 USD each. Anybody ever done business with this outfit?

bfisher…jazzer, you need to post a follow-up review. I’m just about in need of new aids and have been looking at the Moxi 12. And for what it’s worth I found them at Audiometrix (www,hearingaid.pro) for $1395 USD each. Anybody ever done business with this outfit? bfisherjazzer, you need to post a follow-up review. I’m just about in need of new aids and have been looking at the Moxi 12. And for what it’s worth I found them at Audiometrix (www,hearingaid.pro) for $1395 USD each. Anybody ever done business with this outfit?

Will update when I get a little more info, so far so good and I got along quite well with them at work, so far no complaints.

For your info, I paid $3300 which included UDirect & U/TV for bluetooth and TV streaming, remote, 3yr Warranty, 2yr Loss/damage ($400 to replace), Lifetime Service (includes receivers) and 3yr supply of batteries. In Canada the Govt contributes $1000 per pair of aids - so my net was $2300.

I just bought my 3rd pair of aids from audiometrix today… Their fitter brian seem to know his stuff. In the past I have had to exercise a loss policy and it was a no drama event. that being said I would only recomend buying aids by mail if:

1. your loss is stable… my hearing has not changed in over 30 years, I doubt my aids will need to be adjusted. My mother on the other hands loss changes ever other week, she gets good value out of a local audie.

2. this is not your first pair of aids… if you are a first timer you will likely benifit from having some one local to work with.