Jabra EP 20, Galaxy S23+, full hands free vs. hearing only

You can disable the aids’ mics with iPhone and return to semi-hands free. But I’m not getting an iPhone.

1 Like

These jabras are going to cause me to have a nervous breakdown. Yesterday, I removed the pairing with my trucks (my gmc) and the hearing aids worked properly (sound going to callee and caller) and my wife said she could hear my voice through the ha but with static. Today, still working properly but didn’t seem to hear me with the phone placed remotely (perhaps yesterday was a mistake). I tried to repair my truck and it was a disaster. Truck radio worked but no sound in or out of ha. Uninstalled app and ha worked if turn off bt and then back on. It seems to me unless this can be resolved (maybe Jabra ought to tune into this forum), how is anyone to know if they have missed an important oe emergency phone call? Sorry to be so wordy, this appears to be a poorly developed product.

Do they still offer the Phone Clip device?

I probably missed this, but why do you have your hearing aids paired to your truck? Seems like an unnecessary complication.

3 Likes

I would leave the hearing aids unpaired from the truck.

2 Likes

Yes they do indeed still have them available.

Sorry, I misspoke. the phone is paired to the truck but when I do, it somehow then does something and I can no longer hear calls (outside the truck) in my ha.

It seems like the pairing to the vehicle takes priority over pairings to HAs. I don’t pair to vehicles at all. When we rented a car last spring, even a USB connection took over and tried to do everything through the car. So we used my wife’s phone for navigation on the CarPlay.

WH

2 Likes

If your phone is connected to your truck and you want to take calls on another device, you will have to disconnect from the truck. You would disconnect from the truck by using the Bluetooth screen of your phone.

4 Likes

A user on another thread reported that if they turned off either one of the (Jabra Enhanced Pro 20s or ReSound Nexia… I forget) hearing aids, that they could then be heard crystal clear on the other end of the phone line. They suggested that the two mics on the hearing aids were not working in sync together…

(I am picking up my Jabras in a couple weeks… following these threads)

Very interesting! That sounds like it may be the problem. Maybe someone who is familiar with the Jabra/Resound software can tell us if that is possible.

Just to point out that other thread, it’s the following (with a link to the post):

I’ll have to try that on my Omnias. I get hands-free calling with MFi pairing, but my wife says my voice is softer and not as loud and clear as if I use the iPhone mic at the bottom of the phone. It would be funny if turning off HA mic input improved MFi hands-free calling, too!

1 Like

Including my post from another threat here since I see pixels mentioned. I’d love to hear additional reports about the audio quality from S23 and newer Samsung phones using LE.

Could you try turning one of the hearing aids off when you make a call. Someone on Reddit reported this worked for them and the voice was clear. I am curious if this is reproducible.

The audio quality on my S23 Ultra is very good. I can make phone calls to another Android and an iPhone and both people hear me clearly. Streaming is also really nice. I have full hands free streaming on my S23 and new Jabra Enhance Pro 20 hearing aids that I picked up yesterday…

2 Likes

I’m on Android S23 with Jabra Enhance Pro 20s.

Twice today I was told I sounded fuzzy/garbled on the other end of my streaming phone call. Turning Bluetooth on and off did not solve it by itself. However, under Bluetooth, details, hearing aid, settings, I togled the LE Audio switch and the sound came back clear.

Also, My EP 20S have been connecting and disconnecting in the mornings when I put the hearing aids in and start up the app. I noticed the EnhancePro app had been running “active in background” for 11 hours. I started killing the app and stopping been background before I put my hearing aids in or at night before I went to sleep. It seems to have stopped this. Hit the three bars in the bottom left corner of the screen. You will see the running applications. The app did not show up there when killed but if you look up in the top left corner you will see “active and background”. Click on that and you’ll see any of the running apps that are in the background. Stop it. I’m guessing the old and newly started app we’re in contention. I’ve been stopping it during the day as well when I kill the app, doesn’t stay “active in background”. It seems to have made a difference.

I still have to turn Bluetooth on and off occasionally when I switch streaming apps. Maybe this will help someone else.

1 Like

Do you have the 2/15/24 version of the app?

Yes I do…do you know any details of this version?

Sorry, no inside knowledge. I keep forgetting to put my Samsung on the market, so I test it when new versions of the app come out. Each new version seems to be better with Android that the previous version, but it’s not good enough for me to go back to Samsung.

Resound really screwed the pooch. This new bt format is such an initial failure and is ruining any good will reputation they previously earned. How did such a failure become released to the public with such awful performance? So glad i didnt “upgrade” from my One’s