Jabra Enhance v KS10?

That’s interesting. My HIS stated more returns with them as well but nothing about quality control. I felt from the initial walk around that the dynamic range on the philips, and jabra, were far better. But of course that’s just my hearing.

1 Like

My biggest complaint was the shifting directionality causing an auto adjustment that changed the “brightness” to the sound, then returning, and repeating. She turned the “directional” setting off or way down. That solved that issue (not sure how this will effect other listening situations or environments yet)
Many times I was overwhelmed by noises far away, but still couldn’t hear a person next to me. She said she adjusted something with the compression I believe. I also complained about sharpness at high frequency sounds and she said my gain was to high in the upper freqs (I had a different HIS fit me at initial) and lowered the settings. I also asked her to bump up the bass in my streaming program to the max.
As I mentioned my issues she seemed to adjust settings as we talked so I’m sure she did more than I’m aware of and she spent a good 45 minutes with me. I am very pleased with the changes, but once I’m back at work will be the real test. I will be fitted for custom molds since these GN domes are not the most comfortable, at least compared to my previous aids double power domes.
Adding that gain was increased in my bad ear, equaling out the sound…
Glad you are happy with your Jabra’s.

1 Like

Just a quick update. I was fitted with Jabras hearing aids and they were horrible, even worse than KS10s. Sound was tinny, streaming totally lacked in Bass. Once I sat in my car and turned on radio, I wanted to shut it down immediately. I live in windy area and I couldn’t hear anything with the wind. It was just lots of static noise - I have none of it in my IICs, and a bit better in KS10 that I tested earlier.

Back to my old Starkey Soundlens :frowning:
Honestly, I have no idea what to do next.
Probably will find an audiologist that can fit Starkeys. But we don’t have Evolve AIs in Australia yet.

I don’t know about the getting use to it,I am a 11 year hearing aid person,and I just picked up the Jabra,and having a problem with them,well ,many problems with them. I have these new Jabra for 3 months now and will go to another Costco to try a new hearing aid women this time,she also has a hearing problem and wears hearing aids,I have high hopes for this one.

They do not help with the wind noise!I have the 3 mic;s also,

The best solution I’ve found for wind noise is to either use the program for outdoors (forget what it’s called - outside, something or other :wink: or what I do is have the all around program but setup with the m&rie, which uses the in ear primarily. No wind noise at all.

1 Like

Thank you for the information,I am seeing a new fitter at another Costco soon,I will mention this to her,it really is a hit or miss with these adjusters at Costco! the outdoor program did not work for me at all,and this fitter rush me,gave me about 15 mins, of her time,

1 Like

AlexQuatro
I had a similar initial experience with Jabra. I described the sound as thin to the Audi. After many adjustments the sound became acceptable. I tried the Philips 9030 and immediately liked them better but not perfect so many more trips to the Audi were in my future.

I purchased a NoahLink from Amazon, downloaded the HearSuite software and am programming them myself. After a month of fine tuning I feel I am getting close to their potential for me.

The point is that it takes time and skill to adjust hearing aids to fit properly. All the top hearing aids do basically the same thing so having a good Audi is critical - or do it yourself.

An interesting aside is that my right ear is easier to fine tune than my left. I found that the dullness I was hearing was due to my left side.

1 Like

That’s what I meant, it may become acceptable after a couple of changes. But I don’t want to settle on acceptable. If I switch from IIC to RIC I want a major difference, not just an improved noise filter…

Hi Kate,all I want is a comparisons about the K10 and Jabra I am a flip top cell user,ha so on this web site everyone is a smart phone user,so you might be a little better off in getting information then me ha

1 Like

The problem with comparisons is that people hear differently. I didn’t like the sound of the ks10 vs jabra, and have had the jabra a long while now. However I have seen many people here that love the ks10. It comes down to what sounds better for you.

The only real comparison that you can do objectively is features. And given you have a flip phone (no disrespect - just commenting) means that many of the features are not relevant to you.

Ask the costco to see if you can try the ks10 and see what you think.

1 Like

Thank you for your feed back and no worries, none taken ha I just like my flip cell ha the Jabra was push on me,so i was not offer any other aid to try,I did mention the K10s but the Costco guy said no, it will not work for you,so the Jabra he said was the best,he said he has had no returns on them.

These kind of situations are tricky when the provider has such strong feelings. I can’t think of any technical issue why Jabras would be suitable and KS10 not, but with this provider I think you’re much better off with the Jabras. If you did convince him to try the KS10, I suspect he’d give up pretty easy if you wanted adjustments (I told you they wouldn’t work) and he should be willing to put in more effort to maintain his record of no returns with the Jabra.

1 Like

I’d be tempted to ask for another provider and then ask all the questions over again. I was about to say hand him his first return on them, but they are good aids, why cut off the nose to spite the face? But I’d feel more comfortable with a more balanced opinion.

WH

1 Like

Yeah - as was mentie, I might suggest visiting a different HIS there. The refusal to fit you is rediculous. It is not their choice as they do not know how you hear. I think making suggestions is good, but not telling you outright…

1 Like

Thanks,I think you are right,I will see someone else,even a different Costco!

Multiple Costco’s would only fit me with the Jabra if I wanted a RIC type aid. They said I wouldn’t be happy with any other RIC type with my loss, even with power receivers.
Multiple Costco’s also said that they had to many returns on the KS for people with severe to profound loss. Which lead me to believe they were more concerned with having a return ding them, then they were to correctly fit me. I may be wrong but I called 2 other Costco’s and had them review my audiogram and all said the only RIC aid they would offer would be the Jabra.

Interesting. The KS10 receivers fitting range seems adequate. I wonder if it isn’t more of an issue of the fitting software reducing gain to the highs when running the feedback management program.

Well that is disappointing,I have mild to severe hearing loss,I have another appointment on the 27 I will see what she will say,thanks for your input,

I have the KS 10s and switch to speaker on my phone anytime my voice doesn’t sound right to someone or I want to share the conversation.