Jabra Enhance Pro 20 Now supports Auracast

No. The guy is asked that question in the Reddit thread and doesn’t respond. No guarantee that it was even a Samsung I guess.

1 Like

@Baltazard @d_Wooluf Galaxy S23 (non-ultra) have it

Which is to be expected since their Galaxy Buds 2 Pro have it, as well as their newest TVs.

3 Likes

So it should work as well on the Jabra 20s.

It should, and with any Auracast transmitter.

Do you have any idea if S23 will receive the LC3 codec? I thought to be certified BT 5.3 the product had to be LE Audio compatible? Guessing that’s not the case. Could you spell out what certification product needs to be fully compatible? Do you know what phones are currently (or expected to be) compatible?
Thanks. Truly appreciate your contributions.

2 Likes

That information is no longer correct, their newer devices were updated with LC3 codec and LE Audio

they had to, to support their own LE Audio/Auracats earbuds [5 posts above].
Plus Resound/Jabra just posted a news that S23 is officially supported as LE Audio/Auracast device. [4 posts above this one]

2 Likes

Thanks. I have S23 with Android 14 and One UI 6.0 and LC3 does not show up. Maybe it didn’t make out of beta? Perhaps it will show up in One UI 6.1 when it comes out in S24 and then is released to other models?

This is a Google copy and paste. The search included LC3.
So they should function with the Jabra Pro 20 aids

Which Devices Run Bluetooth Auracast?
Select Samsung TVs: Neo QLED 8K, 2023 microLED TVs—enabled via software update.
Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.
Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy S23, Google Pixel 7, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, OnePlus 10T.
Laptops: Dell XPS 13 Plus.
Sep 16, 2023

1 Like

For some weird reason it seems to not be enabled globally, I remember reading about this before;

2 Likes

Mine is a US model. Thanks for post.

It seems to be disabled globally actually and Samsung is doing something weird with their Auracast/LE Audio implementation.

I think that insofar only Sony and Google Pixel phones have proper implementations and advertise LC3.
Scratch that, Sony is also forcing LC3 via their app and not through the system [it actually looks like LC3 isn’t being used while it is, so Samsung might be doing something similar], so there’s something bad going on with implementations.

4 Likes

I wish I had found this thread BEFORE I ordered the devices. I thought the DEVICE would pair directly with the hearing aids but apparently, the connection needs to go through the app on the phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.Android 12 One UI 4.1 which are the highest for this phone.

I did try to cancel the order but that didn’t work. If the devices show up I will try them anyway.

Can anyone definitively confirm that the connection is ONLY through a smartphone and the hearing aids don’t just “find” and connect if a compatible connection is being broadcast from an LE Audio/Auracast device?

I’m not sure what device you’re talking about. Ah, must be the MoerLink Auracast transmitter. I don’t think any of us really knows how this is going to work, but I think a transmitter needs a “Broadcast Assistant” to act kind of like a radio tuner to select the broadcast. Your Note 10 would not have this capability.

3 Likes

Had my updated test yesterday at Costco (Bellingham WA) and ordered Jabra 20’s with MRIE. Have been wearing aids for over 15 years, ReSound Preza’s for the past 3 1/2 years. Have Galaxy S23+. I’m big on the music, speech in noise, and outdoor programs. I use the multi mic. Looking forward to checking it all out. Picking them up Feb. 6.

1 Like

I did buy the MoerLab dongle and transceiver combo pack. I’ll probably return them since you likely need a smartphone (Samsung s24 or other recent one) to make the connection.

But, apparently according to this article.
" Customers with a Fire TV Cube (2nd gen) and Fire TV Omni Series now support Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids, commonly known as ASHA."
https://amazonfiretv.blog/fire-tv-launches-hearing-aid-pairing-423d56625683

The Cube is up to 4th gen now and I’m guessing the Omni Series TVs are newer as well.

According to the article, you can use your Fire TV remote to make the connection to your hearing aids.

The TVs have pretty decent specs and great pricing. The Cube is under $150 (I’ve seen it on sale for even less, Super Bowl might bring a discount) which is a LOT less than the “official” TV Streamer and the Cube has vastly more features.

I’m still going to see if there is some way to use the MoerLab dongle on my PC to connect without a smartphone. If I figure that out, I’ll post it here.

I’ve been impressed by the battery life. I am really sceptical of rechargeable anything but these hearing aids last for well over 12 hours of use. In fact, they only seem to go down one dot on the charge.

I’m researching the MoerLab Bluetooth adapters with Auracast. I’ll post what I find as I receive replies.

I also asked questions about the Fire TV Cube (and by extension the Omni TVs). Posts I found seem to indicate only ONE pair of hearing aids and NO sound out of speakers with the Cube. But if the Cube really has Auracast then it should support MULTIPLE devices. So at the worst, you would need to connect a Bluetooth speaker along with your hearing aids so other can hear the sound.

So, someone on Reddit now tells me that the Jabra Enhance Pro 20 requires a future firmware update to enable LE Audio. He says he got this direct from the “audiology department” at Costco as of a week ago. If he’s right it’s all been a bit of a waste of time for a few people.

“Auracast is an update on both devices. Samsung S23 already has the update active, but the Jabra 20’s don’t have the update as of 01/22. That’s the last time I spoke to their audiology department.”

1 Like

I’m even unclear if the S23 has the full update. Wouldn’t the LC3 Codec be part of it? Currently my S23 does not seem to support LC3 Codec and I believe that was the conclusion others had drawn.

1 Like

We’ve seen a demo of the S23 being used as a broadcast assistant. I don’t remember seeing it used as an audio source (which would required the LC3 codec for sure). It’s all very wild west at the moment.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. I can confirm that my S23 says it has Broadcast Assistant compatibility on NRF Connect app.