Jabra Enhance Pro 20 Android 12 Issues

I have a Note 10 (Plus 5G) with Android 12. In the EnhancePro app there is a note about connection issues.

I am wondering if

1. That is an Android 12 issue which goes away with newer versions of Android
    or
  2. An older version of Bluetooth issue which is built-in on older phones

Knowing which, or if both, might help those with older phones understand the issue.

It is irritating to have a connection issue but if you know that it will be ongoing as long as you have a phone with Android 12 it might be easier to cope.

If it is only an Android 12 issue then an option is to find a way to install a newer version on your phone even if it isnā€™t supported.

If it is the hardware spec of the phone (The level of Bluetooth? Iā€™m not sure if that is a hardware spec.) then buying a phone that supports newer versions of Android (13+?) AND Bluetooth (5.? and newer) would be the only way to eliminate connection issues.

I hope this topic will help some.

I chose to ā€œthrow moneyā€ at the issue and am upgrading my phone. The new phone has Industrial Design issues but I rather cope with those and figure out workarounds that deal with connection issues with my hearing aids.

I have a galaxy s23 with the latest version of android and I never have any idea whether my phone will be connected to the pro 20 or not. I called Jabra technical service and they talked like I was the only person in the world with this problem.

Used to do service for a living.
Almost every factory guy I ever talked to
would tell me they never heard of that problem before.
When you talk to the other service guys itā€™s a different story.

At this point Iā€™m not sure anybody can assure their phone will be compatible. Samsung S23 and S24 family seem to be best bets, but nothingā€™s guaranteed. Ideally Iā€™d see if you could try out the phone before committing to purchase.

I donā€™t think that message has anything to do with LE Audio. I get the same message and Iā€™ve got the Enhance Pro 10. OP doesnā€™t say if theyā€™re actually having connection issues? I seem to be getting one aid disconnecting every four or five days.

You are correct. Not about LE Audio.

Im wondering if it is

Android 12 and Older phone

Or just Android 12

Bluetooth is hardware based correct?

First question: Is ALL software up to date?

Second: Have you tried shutting it off and turning it back on? (Sorry, been watching The IT Crowd.)

Third, having you tried removing the EnhancePro app and reinstalling?

I belueve in Gremlins and the fiddle factor.

Sometimes doing the weird fixes things.

Still, new devices with new hardwareā€“plenty of potential for glitches.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™ve tried about everything. First, Iā€™ve tried it with my wifeā€™s brand new s24. Iā€™ve tried turning bt on and off, tried turning phone off and on, tried turning bt off, airplane on, bt on and airplane off (somebody suggested this strange process), tried turning le on and off and finally tried standing on my head while whistling Dixie and all I can say for sure is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnā€™t.

How many devices are paired to your aids?
Are any of them close by when you have these issues?

only device is my phone (a Galaxy s23)

1 Like

How many devices is a good a question.

I have quite a few that are paired with my phone. Some do so ā€œautomatically.ā€

If I have my hearing aids on and try to use one of those they donā€™t seem to connect.

Since I either normally

use those BEFORE putting my hearing aids on and my hearing aids are in another room,

or I rarely use them,

I havenā€™t tried to diagnose the issue.

Based on the other person experiencing issues with an S23, Iā€™m wondering if the issue affects other version of Android since the S23 shipped with Android 13.

I had a great deal of difficulty with stable connection when I had S20 with Android 12. Upgrading to 13 improved things dramatically. Issues with 12 are known. Do it if you can.

Thatā€™s the sort of thing Iā€™m looking for. Is is Android or Phone-based?

Sounds like newer versions of Android have at least fewer issues.

Bluetooth is hardware so " The bluetooth version is dependent on the bluetooth hardware installed."

That means while the Android version can be updated the Bluetooth version cannot.

1 Like

Interesting that my Pixel 3 had android 12 with solid Bluetooth connection with cochlear processors. When I updated to the Pixel 7a with Android 14, Bluetooth 5.3, the Bluetooth sounds better and has much better range but have issues at times streaming phone calls.

I did just get an android update a couple days ago and have not noticed any problems since. I donā€™t talk a lot on the phone so the issue might still be there. I believe it was a security update.

I found this on the Jabra Support page:

Use your Android device with your Jabra Enhance Pro hearing instruments

BluetoothĀ® LE Audio Streaming & Auracastā„¢
Jabra Enhance Pro 20 hearing aid users with compatible Android smartphones*, can connect to the next generation Bluetooth LE Audio and Auracast broadcast audio. Bluetooth LE Audio provides enhanced performance with hands-free calls. Auracast broadcast audio will enable new audio experiences in private and public places, making the world more hearing friendly and accessible for everyone.

Jabra Enhance Pro 20 is the industry first hearing aid to connect to Bluetooth LE Audio and Auracast. Users with compatible Android devices can gain immediate access to both hands-free calling and Auracast broadcast functionality.

*Hands-free calling and Auracast broadcast audio works with Jabra Enhance Pro 20 and compatible mobile devices with Bluetooth 5.3 or later and the latest Bluetooth LE Audio streaming protocol.

https://www.jabra.com/supportpages/jabra-enhance-pro-compatibility

1 Like

Am I correct that ā€œhands-free callingā€ is NOT done via the hearing aids when using a Samsung Galaxy phone?

The hearing aids do the ā€œhearingā€ but you need to talk to the phoneā€™s microphone for the ā€œspeakingā€ part. Is that correct?

With an iPhone the hearing aids do BOTH of those using the hearing aids microphone.

They just say ā€œhands-freeā€ without fully defining that. ā€œWeā€ are making the ā€œassumptionā€ that the hearing aids handle both hearing and speaking sides of the call.

Please provide clarity if you can.

Is Android 13 available for your Note 10? If so, why not try it out? If not, its it secure enough against todayā€™s risks?

I was able to use the Jabra Pro 10ā€™s mics with my Galaxy S20 5G (Android 13) without trouble, starting a year ago. I switched to Apple because the Jabra/Resound app was too annoying on Android. The Apple allows choosing between the phoneā€™s mics and the HAā€™s. Using the HAā€™s mics usually works for me.

ā€˜Hand-freeā€™ to me means not having to touch the phone - that is, answering and ending calls by tapping the HAs. I donā€™t know if the Jabra/ReSound aids can do that, but just talking on the phone is good enough for me.