Jabra Bluetooth troubles

The Bluetooth connectivity on my new Jabra EnhancePro from Costco are horrible! If the phone isn’t right in front of me it will have spotiness in signal and cut out on one ear or the other. Even in my pocket or purse or even in my bra!(so CLOSE to the aids but covered by a little fabric) Is this common for other Bluetooth hearing aids? Or other Jabras even? Maybe I got a lemon?

I have iPhone pro 13

I must say it’s very disappointing that I can’t use them in place of regular headphones like I’d thought. Can’t do anything that requires any movement and use of my hands if I have to literally hold the phone right next to me :persevere:

This is not normal, you shouldn’t have this issue, but others have discussed the problem with bluetooth streaming for a while, not all Jabra are having it, it’s quite possible it’s the iPhone your using, can you try a few other phones/devices to confirm?

1 Like

What @tenkan said!!! I love my Jabras & their BT connectivity to my iPhone 13 – SO MUCH BETTER than HAs that aren’t iPhone-enabled.
Just to make sure you’re connected, go into Settings - Accessibility - Hearing Devices. Confirm that they’re connected then tap them to look at the next screen where you choose streaming, etc. I have found this more dependable than the Jabra app (but it’s been several months since I retried the app).

As a PS, my phone lives on my desk – I can easily walk a 30+’ radius and maintain a perfect connection.

1 Like

Jabra/Resound seem to have bigger issues with bt after ios/android updates than other brands, but they are all having issues. I filed a fda complaint over the matter since these are medical devices that don’t come close to achieving the claims that the mfg makes.
That being said, you can try to delete app, clear bt cache, and re-install app, if using an app or just clear the bt app cache if not. Then re-pair to your aids. It may help. Or, you can do what I found to work very well, get the Phone Clip 2 accessory. Then streaming is always into both aids, no cutouts, and the sound quality is better. The downside is having an additional device to keep track of, but it is small and has a clip so stays in place. You can get a used Resound TV STREAMER 2 on ebay for $30. It will work with Jabra aids since the Jabra Pro aid is same as a Resound One aid.