It happened AGAIN with my Siemens Pure 7 mi....falling apart!

I can’t believe this…now I know for sure it wasn’t a coincidence. I love these HA…LOVE them, which makes it very worrisome. When I bought them in June, after one week of trial, the piece that connects to the body (holds the tube to the body), completely fell off. Audi said that had never happened before, but I returned them anyway. Demoed two more types of HA’s and none could compare to these. So, I thought maybe it was just a weird occurrence and purchased them again in September. No problems whatsover until this week. I am no rough on my aids, and have been wearing for 6 years…one a Phonak and one another Siemens in the past.

Thankfully I was just getting ready to wash my face and reached up to take them off. When I pulled the tube out of my ear, it disconnected AGAIN from the body of the HA. I pushed back in and then just tugged slightly and it came off. It should not do that. My audi was so apologetic and called Siemens immediately and they will get me a new one. She came to my house on her way home (we are neighbors) to drop me off a demo to use until it’s in. We talked and although I completely believe that she hasn’t had any other issues with clients, there is no way I believe that Siemens hasn’t had this issue with other customers and this particular HA. I mean really…twice in 4 months with two different aids? However, who knows…maybe she resold me the same one (never sent it back). Do you think? That’s a question for the Audis…when a customer returns an aid, do you send it back?

You’d be able to cross check the serial number of your aids with the original paperwork. I can’t see why she wouldn’t have sent it back TBH. I’m not a fan of the Siemens receiver mounting and the snap-fit dome at all. I’ve only fitted a couple as an insurance replacement and have had a receiver disconnect issue with one of those.

Thank you Um Bongo…now I know it’s happened to others and is a defect in the HA. I wonder if there is something I can cover it with just as a precaution. Mine is black. I wonder if putting a little itty piece of tape would help, or will that distort anything?

As long as you don’t cover the mic holes it will be fine.

I’m sure you are not the cause, but I have to ask…when you remove your hearing aids do you pull the aid or pull the tube? Siemens warns in the owner’s manual to never pull on the aids themselves, but to remove the tube from your ear by pulling on the tube.

If you have a tight fit receiver, I could see a potential issue with tugging on the aid body, as this could weaken or break the tiny little locking nub, leaving it vulnerable to just falling apart at any time.

Hi,

I pull the tube. I normally grab it as close to my ear as possible. I never pull the extra part that lays on the bottom of the ear…maybe I should do that from now on. I really think it’s how it’s made. The other aids I have (now my spare aids), all sort of screw on rather than just snap on. How do other’s pull the RIC’s out…from the main tube, or the piece that sits at the bottom?

FWIW,

If you have the wired receivers that go into the ear canal, (I do) make sure that the fitter has installed them properly. There is a little tool that comes with the assembly. The directions on the website are very “lucid”. If they forgot to push the little “tab” back in properly, the receiver could pull out. Also, my units have a little “fishing line” attached to the receiver, it lays in the ear while you wear them. Always pull on it to remove the receiver(s) first before lifting off the HA.

That’s what I do. YMMV

Hope that helps

Cheers, Dave

Hi Tisha,

The receivers should never “snap” on. There’s a pin that needs to be pushed through. :slight_smile: Once the pin is disengaged, then the receiver should be put in place and pin re-engaged.

— Updated —

Hi Tisha,

The receivers should never “snap” on. There’s a pin that needs to be pushed through. :slight_smile: Once the pin is disengaged, then the receiver should be put in place and pin re-engaged.

I suggest you look here to see the proper way to connect the receivers.

http://hearing.siemens.com/Resources/Literature/_Global/products/miniReceiver/miniReceiver-20_dispenser-leaflet_2012-09_en.pdf;jsessionid=2652B3DA59B8172DE53D0C7A2C925722.live2?__blob=publicationFile

— Updated —

I suggest you look here to see the proper way to connect the receivers.

http://hearing.siemens.com/Resources/Literature/_Global/products/miniReceiver/miniReceiver-20_dispenser-leaflet_2012-09_en.pdf;jsessionid=2652B3DA59B8172DE53D0C7A2C925722.live2?__blob=publicationFile