IS the aid repairable?

I posted yesterday that the dog ate my aid, which isn’t exactly correct. I have what is left of the aid and the mold, which came out intact after all. The Oticon Agil Pro mini rite is damaged pretty severely though, IMHO. The battery door is missing and the aid has a tooth mark near the bottom where the door used to be. I don’t know how stout these aids are, but you can bet it won’t happen that the dog gets to them again.

Is the aid salvageable based on my somewhat sketchy info?

why should the taxpayer pay for your negligent?

— Updated —

why should the taxpayer pay for your negligent?

did you forget you already asked this same question?

Sorry Doc, I was asking what I thought was a different question in reply to the poster who said that he knew of someone who had his aid repaired. My question was supposed to be how trashed is an aid before it can be repaired? I have the left aid and it’s perfectly ok except for the mold extraction tab, so I guess if push came to shove I could survive with one aid until I was due to upgrade. Didn’t mean to ruffle feathers!

Never know if it’s repairable until you send it in. If you don’t want to take it to the VA you could send it to www.DirectHearingAidServices.com in Garden Grove, CA, these guys are great to deal with and are pretty quick with the repairs.

Before you mail it off somewhere, remember that the VA is going to want it, for you to get a replacement. I don’t KNOW this, but it was posted in your other thread.

From your description, I doubt yours can be fixed.

I would contact Direct Hearing before sending them the VA aids… got a feeling it would be a no go.

I’m confused why not simply let the VA either replace or repair your aids.

Seems the damage keeps changing but sounds like the one is ok and the second simply needs a new shell

— Updated —

I would contact Direct Hearing before sending them the VA aids… got a feeling it would be a no go.

I’m confused why not simply let the VA either replace or repair your aids.

Seems the damage keeps changing but sounds like the one is ok and the second simply needs a new shell

I gave the damaged aid to my local audiologist who is under contract with the VA, and she said she would need to write a letter to the VA explaining the circumstances. She said if the Oticon is still under contract that they might simply replace the one aid. She took impressions for ear molds too. I still have the one aid and mold to hear with in the meantime. As of now, I am out of the VA authorization cycle, so that wheel has to move before anything else can be done. Sorry for the confusion on my part. Thanks for the info and advice!

huh? why can’t a simply answer be long enough? huh?

Peace out guys. Apparently i’ve become a burr under a saddle or two. Meant no harm.

Steve,
I don’t know if this helps or not since it’s a VA aid. Someone pointed out to me that the manufacturers usually cap out repairs at under $200. I believe the number was with Starkey at about $140. Armed with that knowledge I went to an unknown Dispenser. He sent it in and I assume he got his cut and he should. He charged me $190, but I got a NEW aid to replace mine. I had sent it in to a private lab. They sent it back saying the electronics were rusty. Anyhow, that’s my story. Hope that helps you.
Allen