Is Resound Forte 8 App supposed to use a lot of data?

Is Resound Forte 8 App supposed to use a lot of data? At the rate I’m burning data on my iPhone I will be using 4gb a month just for my hearing aids. This isn’t acceptable.

I want to be able to adjust them but don’t need calls and music streaming to my ears . I haven’t even liked that function so far. When the phone rings I make sure it’s not going to hearing aids but it still does.

Any advice on how to correct my issues would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried turning off cellular data for the app? Go to Settings > Cellular and find the app to turn data off.

My Resound Smart app for my Linx² aids has only used 8.9Mb.

1 Like

Yes I’ve had that off from the start. I’ve checked all other apps on my cell to make sure they aren’t the issue. I did find a setting that disables hearing aids being the primary for cell calls and music. I haven’t like the way they sound. Maybe that takes getting used to. Thanks

In my case, streaming sounded very tinny. It must’ve been because with open domes, the aids weren’t providing much bass (see my audiogram). I’m now using power domes and streaming is greatly improved.

1 Like

The App doesn’t use data. If you are streaming music or video, that is using data.

Jordan

1 Like

I’m with Jordan on this. The phone & App are connected to the hearing aids only by a Bluetooth connection. You can turn off your cellar data and the app works just fine.

1 Like

Right. The hearing aids have NOTHING to do with data use on your phone. And phone calls (unless using VOIP) also uses NO data. You can check your iPhone to find out what application(s) are using data in the Settings app.

1 Like

Btw…the streaming music or video sounds tinny when you stream to your hearing aids because the streaming program is setup by default to be optimized for speech recognition. The audiologist can adjust this program to provide a much wider dynamic range that will make music sound better. The hearing aids don’t have the range of high end headphones but you can definitely improve upon the default settings.

Jordan

1 Like