Is it possible that the same hearing aid model can have different features in different countries?

Currently, I have a Rexton Mosaic M 40 4C. While researching about my aids last week, I saw that it supports “Smart Connect” (a separate device which allows me to connect to my smartphone using bluetooth). I messaged my audiologist, and she said that my hearing aids doesn’t support it.

So, is it possible that the same hearing aid model can have different features in different countries? If not, then I cannot believe my audiologist did not let me know this (for 3 years that I’ve been using it), despite her knowing that I needed this feature. Either she is clueless, or wants me to buy newer aids, or I have a version of the hearing aid that cannot support Smart Connect.

I’m going to drop by her clinic some time next week. Hopefully, she can clarify the situation.

Reference document: http://www.ranaisitmecihazlari.com/dokumanlar/Mosaic%20M%2040%204C.pdf

Should be available for you.

1 Like

Thanks! She’s got explaining to do! This will be a game changer, if she does confirm I can actually use it.

The Rexton Mosaic M 40 4C is already phased out, but I hope there is still a Smart Connect available for it; not sure if there are also different versions for Smart Connect. I found one on eBay, but all text/description seems to be for Signia/Siemens. I wonder if this will work with the Rexton: New Signia/Siemens Smart Connect 3.0 Remote Bluetooth Streamer US USA seller! | eBay

It may be that they are not using the same firmware. Most of the features in a hearing aid are contained in the firmware, not the hardware.

1 Like