Iranians use stem cells to treat tinnitus

Iranians use stem cells to treat tinnitus

source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=115267&sectionid=3510210

Of all the countries.

Heh, yeah, Imma gonna run right over and sign up for this.

What’s neat is that science no longer needs the DNA from embryos. We’re finding that the cells from adult stem cells are just as good, if not better.

This has huge implications for the religious community as it no longer needs to deal with the question of whether an embryonic cell constitutes as life.

When you read about the cause of their tinnitus, there must be a real need to do something about it. Was this people power, or a guilty conscious?

“What is tinnitus”

My Dr. describes it as the brains response to the absence of sound input to the nerves. In other words, when the ear system is unable to supply a signal to the auditory nerve, the brain sort of makes something up. If your damage is in the low frequencies, you get roaring or rushing sounds, my trouble is in the higher frequencies so I describe mine as the Boson’s whistle on the high pitch, but not REAL loud yet.

I’m looking forward to my new aids in October to see if they will help cover the whistle.

TerryB

As soon as America wakes up and realises that embryonic stem cells don’t work, only adult stem cells works, they can get on with the program. Other countries are years ahead and ill be getting stem cells(using my own adult cells) from Mexico or China.

Tinnitus refers to the sensation of sound, most often a high-pitched, noisy whistle, in one or both ears in the absence of external stimulation. It is not a disease, but a symptom resulting from a range of underlying causes that can include: ear infections, foreign objects or wax in the ear, nose allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain, and wax build-up. Withdrawal from a benzodiazepine addiction may cause Tinnitus as well. Iranians have successfully terminated the animal phase of the trial testing the efficacy of a new technique for treating tinnitus or ear ringing with the help of Stem Cells. Iran is one of the countries with the highest number of individuals suffering from tinnitus in the world; the majority of these patients are war veterans and factory workers whose auditory system has been injured due to exposure to loud noise. Stem cells can help repair auditory cells damaged by loud noise in these individuals, said Hesamoldin Imam Jome, the head of the audiology department of Hazrat-e Rasoul Akram Hospital.

Well…if the Iranians are doing it…? Improve your hearing the Iranian way?

In Iranian medications Stem Cells achieve only limited success to treat tinnitus, and usually their bothersome side effects such as dry mouth, blurred vision, and constipation often discourage use.Valium, Xanax and Klonopin are benzodiazepine drugs that many doctors prescribe for tinnitus. Natural and holistic tinnitus remedies can be effective in assisting with the relief of symptoms, as well as addressing the individual’s overall health and well-being.

I don’t think that article was very well written or documented. The author doesn’t say where the research came from. There is a reference to someone saying that stem cells can help It just doesn’t give give much good solid intel.
Of course we are behind the curve on stem cells. I am sure there is a large pharma co making money off embryo research.

I thought this was a joke when I read the thread title…

Bump

Has anyone heard anything else about this more recently than 2011?

My tinnitus is driving me nuts.