iPhone Streaming with Kirkland 8

I have Kirkland 8 hearing aids. 2 1/2 months old. I am streaming through my iPhone. Can I answer a call without taking the phone out of my pocket?

You have to use the microphone on the phone, so no.

1 Like

Thanks. Since they are connected with each other through Bluetooth, I was hoping that I could tap a button on the hearing aid or give an answer command to Siri. I’m new to hearing aids and iPhone.

The Kirkland 9 aids will function hands free.
Worth taking a look at maybe.

1 Like

Rick, the 8s will function hands free after I physically answer the call on the phone. I have to pull it out of my pocket and slide to answer then I can talk and receive through the aids and put the phone back in my pocket while I talk. I just wondered if I could accept the call or make a call by speaking commands through my aids to the phone or tapping a Control button on the aids.

1 Like

If you have the optional Smart Mike you only need to touch the button on the mike while leaving the phone in your pocket. That option makes it completely hands free. Of course if you want to know who is calling you still need to take the phone out of your pocket and look at the screen…

1 Like

Thanks to all that answered! I appreciate it. This was my first post here!

3 Likes

Then WELCOME to the Forum!!!

1 Like

By the way, poywatch, you might try calling your home phone using the hearing aid mics and leave a bit of a message for yourself. Then you can listen to it to ensure that it is working as expected and that the other end hears you loud and clear… I haven’t had aids that actually act as mics for the phone. My previous KS6’s required you to talk to the phone or a clip-on mic. My new Resounds, Prezas, also require a clip-on mic or talking to the phone or the car mic.

3 Likes

In a vehicle paired to your phone you can of course answer the phone while it is still in you pocket. The sound does not come to your hearing aids, but goes through the vehicle sound system.

1 Like