iPhone can only detect one side of the HA

I got mine fixed at the audi office today. For my case, we had to forget the device on the genie software and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the update, Pui106!

So lesson learned here for us is that if we have the audi restore our OPN to a previous setting then we need to remind them to forget the device on the genie software as well, or else itā€™ll mess up with our iPhone pairing?

That might be the issue. I will make sure the streaming works on both sides the next time I have anything adjusted before I step out of the office. Thatā€™s for sure!

Maybe just semantics, but I donā€™t think the Genie 2 software has a ā€œforget this deviceā€ option, just the Apple software. What you likely did was ā€œDeleteā€ your last record in the Genie 2 software database. In my case, Oticon suggested creating an all new client (which required a slightly different name), reading in the data from the aids, and then reprogramming. This fixed the problem. Afterwards (on the next visit), we just read the aids into the original database client record and things were still fine. We then deleted the new client record we had previously created. I believe something went haywire in the aids along the way. Oticon did not seem like this was the first time they were hearing of this issue. Now we know of at least two (except mine was good for several weeks before malfunctioning). Glad you got you issue resolved as well.

Yeah, makes sense that Genie wouldnā€™t have Forget this device and itā€™s more like creating a brand new setup or something.

Bottom line is that from now on, every time I visit my audi for any kind of tweaking, Iā€™ll have to make sure that I test out the iPhone connection before I leave the office.

Iā€™m looking forward to getting the Firmware update 4 soon that will give my OPN the Speech Rescue LX. Canā€™t wait to try that out.

I remember the screen where he fixed the problem had couple icons which included an iPhone, a tv adapter, etc. There was a button on the lower left corner where it said something like ā€œdelete this deviceā€ (I forgot the exact wordings but similar). My Audi highlighted the phone and pressed that button. Maybe you can ask your audi about it on ur next visit.

What is the latest firmware version? I think I saw 2.0 on my audiā€™s software. Since you mentioned 4.0 will be released soon so the latest should be 3.0?

I know the current firmware is 2.0. Firmware 4.0 was mentioned in recent press releases by Oticon. I have to assume that firmware 3.0 was planned but not yet released. May get released or just combined with new features in 4.0

Regarding the screen in Genie2 you mentioned, I know that if the hearing aid indicates it is paired while being calibrated a red and blue signal mark will show in Genie2 over the phone picture on the Accessories page. I have never noticed if a button was available to unpair. I will take note next time I am in Genie2. When I was trying to fix my similar issue, I know my phone was not paired. I believe I was told to unpair with the phone beforehand. That could be why our fix process was different. Fingers crossed for the future.

In addition to a firmware update, probably in June, there will need to be a Genie2 update as well. Currently Genie2 has no capability to enable or calibrate the new features, so that should arrive around the same time.

I do not know if someone found a working solution.
I have the same problem with my Oticon OPN 1 and iphone 7 iOS12.2.
It can connect only one HA at a time. If I connect to the Left, the right one disappear from the Devices list, and viceversa.
I tried all the solutions suggested here and other forums. Firmware, pair, unpair, reinstall ios.
I found one solution that works for me.
I installed BLE scanner. I tried other apps which did not worked, but maybe for others, other apps are better.
Step 1: Forget device from Settings
hint: even if you are not paired now to HAs, connect, and then forget (for both)
Step 2: Bluetooth off
Step 3: both HA off (remove battery)
Step 4: Enable Bluetooth
Step 5: Open BLE scanner
Step 6: Open Left Hearing Aid (only one HA, not both - connect battery)
Step 7: Connect Left HA from the application
Step 8: Click Pair
Step 9: Open Right Hearing Aid (connect battery)
Step 10: Connect Right HA from the application
hint: if both HA have the same name in the application (like my case), try both until you are asked to pair
Step 11: Click Pair

Now youtube will stream on both ears, and you can speak on the phone, also hearing in both ears.
The Oticon ON app can be used for both HA.

The annoying part is that sometimes it disconnects, and you have to do all the steps all over again. Also every morning.

I have new OPN1s custom ITE hearing aids with the latest software and the iPhone 7plus with the latest updates and I am not having any issues with my connectivity. I also have my aids paired to my iPad and TV connect and I have the connect clip for use with my MacBook. I do have to disable my Bluetooth on my iPhone or iPad to make connection to the other if they are within range of my aids. The sound is great and I stream the tv the most and of course I use my iPhone for all my calls

I used to have the problem youā€™re having with connection only to one hearing aid and not the other about a year ago with my iPhone 7 Plus. But it would happen for a while (like a week), then it would disappear (I could connect with both hearing aids again), then come back randomly after a while (a few weeks). I did not find any solution, but luckily it came and went a few times, but for the most part, I was able connect with both.

And it only happened with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had an iPhone 6 Plus at the time as well, and also an iPad, and this problem never happened with either of these other 2 devices.

But after 3 or 4 random rounds like that over the course of about 3-4 months, the problem went away on its own entirely. I attributed it to maybe new iOS update changes to my iPhone 7 over time that took care of this problem for good.

Then the OPN firmware 6 came along in Q3 2018 and lots of other connectivity issues between my iPhone 7 Plus and the OPN seem to have gone away for good. Now Iā€™d have to say that itā€™s been fairly rock solid and there has been no more connectivity issues anymore that Iā€™m aware of between Firmware 6.0 on the OPN and iOS 12.1.4 on the iPhone.

Man, this tip was real helpful. At a message like ā€œforget this deviceā€ I react like I do at ā€œdelete all files, Y or N?ā€ or ā€œdelete registry, Y or N?ā€ ā€“ it scares me to death. Will it ever ā€œrememberā€ the device? I tried the tip and Thank You Lord, and thank you Volusiano, it worked! It is great to have access to a forum like this. Thanks!

1 Like