iPhone 13 announced today

iPhone announced today. Full specs for the 4 models (13, 13 mini, 13 Pro and 13 ProMax are on Apple’s web page. It ships with Bluetooth 5.0 which means that it won’t support the LC3 without some major updates.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running the iOS 15 beta, and a Watch Series 6 running the WatchOS 8 beta. No compelling reason for me to upgrade. I thought the announcements on the watch and iPhone were both pretty lame for anyone with a iPhone 11 or 12, and Series 6 watch.

It’s a shame too, because I love throwing my money at Apple. :cold_face:

1 Like

I’d heard rumors of emergency satellite texting capabilities but heard nothing of it in announcement or in specs. Agree, no killer upgrades, but still great phones.

Any of the rumors about the watch or the phone were totally unfounded this year.

They were right about the high refresh rate displays on the Pro models, but that’s about it.

I missed that, but saw that there’s no always-on display as was rumored.

And I’d missed that! Yes, the rumor mill is not near as good as they claim. They really missed the release date of the Google Pixel 5a. (by several months)

Yep! I think I’m a gonna wait for the 2022 iPhone to actually get a brand new one, sigh! Another year with my teeny, tiny iPhone 6S. It works very well but it’s like a time machine into the past (2015!). It’s going to be a long year, while I drool over my wife’s new one (work subsidizes her phone purchases as “essential”) so she’s going to upgrade before retiring (hopefully) next year!

Agree that 2021 iPhones don’t look very promising for LC3 codec. I’m hoping Samsung adds it in 2022 and I can pick up a used one around 2023. iPhones do hold their value better. About best I’ve seen on a nice iPhone XR is a little over $300.