In-Depth Ars Technica Review on Elon Musk's Neuralink Technology

A while back Abram Bailey posted a link on Elon Musk’s Neuralink technology but after I made a disparaging remark about how some segment of the public might react to Musk’s plan for brain-implantable devices, Abram removed the post, mentioned something about reaction from other quarters, too (sorry for not remembering exactly).

Musk has been in the news again, showing off a pig and claiming the device is ready for humans. Will be implanted by robotic surgery. Ars Technica has a big in-depth review on where Musk wants to go with device.

BTW, although my thread about Discourse and its implementation on this forum vs. other forums has been removed, one notable thing not implemented on this forum is that in Discourse, after you reach a certain level of participation and “trust,” a user can create new tags, which might be helpful in adequate categorizing posts. But I guess to allow that trust-level feature creates more work for moderators …

Interesting. I’d say it has a very long way to go. Personally, I don’t like the fact that it uses Bluetooth. They should develop a proprietary, secure communications protocol for something like this. Maybe the Bluetooth thing is just temporary. Something like this was bound to come. I have to wonder if now is the right time. We’ll see.

1 Like