IIC versus RIC

Got my first & only set of HAs 8 years ago. Phonak Audeo RIC. I don’t need Bluetooth or steaming functionality. I would like improved speech recognition. Would IIC be a step in the right direction? My Phonaks are still working.

1 Like

RIC would be the choice. IIC has necessary compromises.

1 Like

I’d stick with RICs. advantages of IIC are cosmetic and if your RICs interfere with something on your head (like glasses) If your RICs aren’t causing any issues, I’d stick RICs. New ones would likely be an improvement over your old ones–hard to tell if it would meaningful for you unless you try them out. Sticking with the Phonak Audeo (B is the current version) would make sense.

1 Like

Do you know the level of technology you currently have? 50,70,90? Better word recognition can be improved with higher technology level, so maybe see what your audiologist thinks about fitting you with audeo b90s. You can get a rechargeable (AUDEO BR) and it is pleasing to the eye. Their newest tech is the Audeo b direct which is direct to phone streaming but the unfortunate downside is that it will only stream in 1 ear. If you don’t care about streaming, I would go with the BR model. Not fussing with batteries is great and they replace it any time it needs to go in for any sort of repair.

Sorry, I do not know the technology level. They were called Audeo Smart back in January 2010 when purchased,
Yes, I have also been considering the Audeo B 90. Since I do not need streaming, I am trying to discern if there is enough speech recognition improvement to warrant the price of new HAs.

1 Like