iHEAR HD - "First Affordable Invisible Hearing Aid"

We recently added the iHEARHD hearing device to our hearing aid review website. For a detailed breakdown of the running costs of the iHEAR​HD, please visit the product page.
The iHEARHD device is one of the most affordable hearing aids on the market. It comes with no service agreement, and asks the consumer to complete their own hearing test, using iHEAR’s proprietary self-hearing screening device. The complete package (one pair of HEARHD hearing aids and one hearing screener) will cost you $398 plus the cost of batteries (see discussion below).

Victor Valenzuela, the company’s director of engineering, says that the iHEARHD is “virtually invisible, waterproof, and has no impact on a daily lifestyle.” This claim is impressive in the sense that very few hearing aids on the market come close to being “waterproof”, and those that do typically have their products IP rated. The claim about lifestyle is interesting; most hearing aid manufacturers promote the prospect of lifestyle enhancement, while Victor promises iHEARHD will not affect your lifestyle at all.

The iHEARHD began its life on the crowdfunding website Indiegogo in early 2014. Adnan Shennib, inventor of the Lyric and iHEAR CEO, enticed potential investors to purchase an iHEARHD device with the promise that one iHEARHD would be dontated to"the economically disadvantaged" for each iHEARHD purchased (a marketing strategy that worked for TOMS shoes in 2006). iHEAR’s Indiegogo campaign was a success, raising almost a quarter of a million dollars with an initial goal of only $65,000. However, iHEAR only recently began shipping hearing aids to campaign investors, and store.ihearmedical.com shows the availability of iHEARHD and iHearTest as “January 2016.” (The initial delivery estimate was August 2014)

It’s hard to say whether the iHEAR device will be successful with the average person with age-related hearing loss, as the device looks to sport an occluding (tight-fitting) earpiece, which could unintentonially boost deep tones for those who have normal hearing for lower pitches (this may lead to louder sound than necessary to achieve better hearing). Reputable consumer reviews about the iHEARHD are difficult to find online, so if you have personal experience with the device, please submit a review or leave a comment below.

Read more.

Please submit a review if you’ve had any personal experience with the iHEAR device.

I have a pair of the iHear Medical iHearHD hearing aids and the programming kit - IHEAR MAX - on the way. Can’t wait to try these hearing aids. For the technology I am getting, the price is outstanding - $598 for a pair of the iHearHD aids. Not bad considering my last hearing aids cost $5,998. Anyone else have these? I’ll post experiences after I get them.

My admiration for Adnan Shennib only grew after I learned of him from his Indigogo campaign a few years ago. I followed the Lyric (and have a pair now I’m trailing) and will do a personal product review once I program them. Exciting stuff.

Can you let us know how these are working out for you?
Thanks