If Whistle Block is on maximum, should I still get whistling?

I was told today by my audio that the Whistle Block is on maximum on both ears but when I wear a hat, I still get a huge amount of feedback.
My moulds are so tight that they are actually really hard to take out, without just the tubing coming out.

He said that I have so much power in my aids that Whistle Block can not take it all away.

Is that right or can it be taken away?

When aids crank out the gain (amplification) you need you can expect to have feedback (whistle) from any surface that gets near the aids. Hats, hands, hair, anything acoustically reflective. Ed

He said that I have so much power in my aids that Whistle Block can not take it all away.

Is that right or can it be taken away?

He is indeed correct.

More generally: You clearly don’t trust your audi - perhaps time for a move?

yes, with those numbers I would expect feedback when getting something close to your ears. you could try another AD. just because your molds are tight doesn’t mean they might not be shaped correctly. I’m assuming these are not vented?

I am exploring how Icube works with my Smart. I set whistle block to maximum , but when I increase gain it whistles .

I like my audio, he does a good job. Only reason why I’m asking, is my friend who has Naida and has profound hearing loss, has no feedback.

Will look at getting new moulds, they were only done 8 months ago and nhs don’t give me new ones until 2 years has been. I end up paying for new ones myself, which I don’t mind doing, altho expensive.

Try changing the tubing for double thick wall. If the tubing is pulling out, it’s obviously not fitting as well as it should. The system will only be as good as the weakest part of the ‘plumbing’.

Thanks - Yes it was all to do with tubing. I normally get the thick wall tubing but this time, I was given something else and when I put it on, I thought it felt very soft compared to the thick wall. I have since changed it and it has all stopped. Thank you. :slight_smile: