I heard the hissing from bleeding my radiator for the first time!

I DID have a conductive loss and required ultra power hearing aids in both ears.

I had surgery on my right ear which had left me with only a mild sensinural (spelling) hearing loss.

I just had to bleed my radiator as it wasn’t getting hot. I heard the water escaping from the radiator in my right ear with my hearing aid.

Before my surgery, I could not hear it.

I’m happy!

10 Likes

Congratulations.
Have you caught yourself looking around trying to figure out what sound you just heard? Maybe even asking someone. Saying to yourself “that’s what that sounds like”.
That’s what Phonak Sound Recover 2 has done for me.

2 Likes

Still hoping to hear birds chirping again, someday…

What aids do you wear? Are you using the frequency lowering technology?

she has the Brios! :smiley:

I had a hot water slab leak in my house for weeks probably until the floor got so hot I finally noticed something was off. After all was said and done one of my friends that had been over a few times said, “I wondered what that water rushing sound was.” And they know about my hearing. :woman_facepalming:

When my son visits I ask him to walk around and listen to all home and rotating equipment for anything wrong. He has a good ear for problems.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I’m so happy for you! It must have been such a eureka moment for you.

Unfortunately my loss is all sensorineural so surgery isn’t possible. Even with my UP aids I couldn’t hear that. Luckily my husband is hearing, so I leave such tasks to him.

2 Likes

I see you are using the Naida V90 UP aids. They do have sound recover2 which might be able to get some of those high frequencies into your hearing zone. By very aggressive sound recover 2 settings I do hear the upper frequencies.

Edit: I misunderstood which aids you wear. If you can swing the Venture or Beyond Naida aids they have sound recover 2 that just might be able to help with the high frequencies.

I think he / she is wearing the old core Naida V UPs.

1 Like

Congratulations! So glad that you’ve found improvement in your hearing. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

“I just had to bleed my radiator as it wasn’t getting hot. I heard the water escaping from the radiator in my right ear with my hearing aid. Before my surgery, I could not hear it.”

That reminds me of the very first time I put in a hearing aid. In my late 40s, hearing had been bad for years… finally went in, had the exam and ordered one hearing aid - all I could afford at the time. When I went back to the audiologists a couple weeks later after the molded CIC came in, he explained it to me, showed me how to put in and out the battery, then gently put it in my ear.

WOW! He and my girlfriend at the time could speak normally & I could hear them fantastically well. However, having nothing to base it on, I just assumed the “white noise” I also was hearing was the price one paid for having an amplifier in your ear.

I mentioned it to the audiologist, who was crestfallen. He asked me a few more questions about the “white noise”, then walked across his office and turned off the fan sitting on his filing cabinet.

NO MORE WHITE NOISE!! I was hearing a stupid fan for the first time in god knows how long…

They were laughing their butts off at the look on my face.

1 Like