How useful do you find a T-coil?

I miss not having the original t-coil to answer the landline phone. Although, I do have it, it is not quick process due to bt interference. No worries re loop system, don’t care for it. Guess I need to purchase aids without bt? What do you advise? ty!

I’ve found the quality of sound when connected to a T-coil system to be excellent in several locations and with three different HAs. The improvement in sound clarity was unmistakable. But I happen to live in an area in which it’s installed in several facilities I use. If not, it is old technology.

I have just activated a neckloop and TV converter accessory to listen to my TV with my hearing aid and cochlear implant hearing devices. I am using an Artone 3 Max neckloop and their TVB accessory for TV use.
The anaolog audio on the TV gets a Bluetooth addition in the box. The TVB and the neckloop get paired and the neckloop sends the audio to the Tcoils in my Phonak hearing aid and Medel Sonnet CI. The neckloop adds up to 50db to the volume and also has a volume control on it. The sound is quite good and having the volume adjustment is handy. The volume on the TV can be set at a level others prefer and the Artone volume set to my preferences. So in essence I get bluetooth sent audio without having to have bluetooth hearing devices.
A separate Artone Max can be used with an iPhone for telephone use and the audi there is pretty good too.
And the price of the equipment is quite reasonable - much cheaper than my Roger pen equipment.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be without the t-coil, but I von’t have it in the aids as it makes them bigger. My t-coil is in the multifunction streamer / partner mic (MultiMic in case of ReSound). This way it doesn’t occupy program places as is the case when built in the aids. You have already used 2 programs for t-coil with mic and t-coil without mic.