How to set restore/default on my Phonak Naida S UP III with audiology

Hello, I have difficult time to explain to my audiology that I need to start over as fresh start like restore/default on my Phonak Naida S UP III because of too much mess up on program. In order for that, we can start new and fill in my hearing test to be match. My audiology doesn’t understand what I mean. How do I explain to her correct words?

My fiancee and I have several concerns about either we should go for SoundFlow or manual program. We assume that if we want to have natural sound to listen everything everyday, we should stick with single manual program: calm situation. About prescribed, semi-linear or linear compressions. We do understand what they can be good for. I have tried prescribed, it is kind of soft but with linear, it is too sharp. Is that mean we should try semi-linear?

Is there have feature like allow audiologist to click auto adjustment that will make best decision to fit for my need than complication work from audiology?

Great help would be appreciate and thank you.

You can ask your audiologist to select the “Create new fitting” option in the fitting software. This will return all gain settings, program options, and device options to their default settings.

Hello rasmus_braun, I would like thank you for everything and I made great successful by following your instruction. I did request audiologist to follow my instruction (connected my Phonak Naida S UP III to Target 4.2, creating new profile option, add calm situation, disable SoundFlow, clicked 80 db Gain Level, clicked undamped ear hook, ran feedback test then saved the profile). Audiologist didn’t like the fact that I seemly know better than he does. I tried to explain to him that it is best if he follows my instruction and it will work out as well. At the last, he realized that I made a good point after he recognized that my program is much better. Let’s say if Apple TV setting is all messed up, best solution is restore it as new and start it over like creating new profile and follow the instruction to meet my need. Unfortunately he felt guilty and walked away when he realized that it works. Again, thanks for everything and I am proud to be member of this forum which gives me great knowledge and experience. One thing is that I learned about SoundFlow, I am aware that it gives some benefit due to calm situation and speech in noise in automatic program. But I disagree with Soundflow because when you are in speech in noise via at noisy place, sound can be like annoy like sharp, whisting and of course still can miss some important sound behind. Since I am in calm situation, I can hear everything around me so if it is too noisy, I simply reduce volume little bit or accept the sound and get used with it. I used to have cochlear implant in the past, it always had been loud and noisy but have to get used with it because brain is not getting used with real life everyday. That’s my philosophy. Again, thanks for your help and I do appreciate what you have done for me. Have a good day.

— Updated —

Hello rasmus_braun, I would like thank you for everything and I made great successful by following your instruction. I did request audiologist to follow my instruction (connected my Phonak Naida S UP III to Target 4.2, creating new profile option, add calm situation, disable SoundFlow, clicked 80 db Gain Level, clicked undamped ear hook, ran feedback test then saved the profile). Audiologist didn’t like the fact that I seemly know better than he does. I tried to explain to him that it is best if he follows my instruction and it will work out as well. At the last, he realized that I made a good point after he recognized that my program is much better. Let’s say if Apple TV setting is all messed up, best solution is restore it as new and start it over like creating new profile and follow the instruction to meet my need. Unfortunately he felt guilty and walked away when he realized that it works. Again, thanks for everything and I am proud to be member of this forum which gives me great knowledge and experience. One thing is that I learned about SoundFlow, I am aware that it gives some benefit due to calm situation and speech in noise in automatic program. But I disagree with Soundflow because when you are in speech in noise via at noisy place, sound can be like annoy like sharp, whisting and of course still can miss some important sound behind. Since I am in calm situation, I can hear everything around me so if it is too noisy, I simply reduce volume little bit or accept the sound and get used with it. I used to have cochlear implant in the past, it always had been loud and noisy but have to get used with it because brain is not getting used with real life everyday. That’s my philosophy. Again, thanks for your help and I do appreciate what you have done for me. Have a good day.

thank you so much for the advice. i will definitely follow that and hoping for a great result.