How to replace battery in Phonak Audeo M-50R

I did it in a similar way:
Only not with fingernails, but with a thin metal tab.
When levering between the front housing and the circuit board, it made a soft cracking noise. But nothing seems to be broken.

1 Like

I used a clockmaker’s screwdriver to keep the tabs raised. The clack sounds I heard were the tabs clicking back over their pins. (I removed the cover to clean out the gunk from the mic holes.)

1 Like

I originally came to this thread because my Phonak B-70R showed no life when removed from the charger, although it the green light was showing while charging. I suspected the battery needed replacing.
However, people talking about their old batteries not lasting as long as they did made me think there might be another issue.
What I found was that if the hearing aid is not responding to being turned on, it can be reset with a process of 1. A long press (30 seconds) on the hearing aid, then return to the charger for 1 minute. This worked for me, it might be worth a try before changing a battery. This is the YouTube that explains https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-1QFrWt0g

2 Likes

Battery Source?

I came across these eBay sellers in China who seem to be selling a version of the replacement batteries that we need for Phonak Marvel and Paradise.
They are approximately $25 for a pair of batteries and free shipping. A better deal than Alibaba.

2 Likes

Some news…

One of the HA that I repaired stopped working…after I forgot to remove it for the shower!!! The battery is still at 3.7v and charging normally. It seems that the microphones didn’t like that… Ok another DIY project.

I bought (on Ebay) a used Phonak P90 which stopped charging for 100$ us. I successfully changed the battery and it is now back to life again. It was a lot easyer and faster. Very happy about that.

It would be very intereresting to know if someone else tryed it and how it worked.

4 Likes