How to play mono sound in both ears with ReSound LiNX Quattro

I’ve been using my first pair of BTE HAs, the Resound Linx Quattro, for about 6 months now, and 90%++ of the time I couldn’t have been happier. As a musician, they have given me back the pleasure of listening to recorded music! I can even hear birdsong in the garden now!!
Very often I even forget I’m wearing them. On two occasions I have turned on the water in my shower before I remembered! (They’re still working - didn’t get wet!)

However, I’m struggling a bit with phone calls. The Bluetooth connection with my iPhone is 100% reliable for streaming f.ex. music, but when it comes to calls, I never know which ear I will get the sound in. This is bad because my right ear hearing is so much weaker than my left.
So when I get a call to my right ear from f.ex. a lousy handsfree in a car, I know I am in trouble, even with a moderate only hearing loss!

I have searched without finding any settings to let me f.ex. have mono sound in both ears - which I would prefer, or for all calls to be sent to my left ear.
According to my wife I suck at searching - at least in our house - so I could really need some help here.
If there are no direct settings, are there maybe any workarounds to fix my problem?

I do not know the resound aids but I have MFI aids, and the only suggestions I would have would be to reboot the iPhone, if that doesn’t help then I would say to forget the aids reboot the iphone and then to pair the aids again. After that I do not really have any more suggestions

1 Like

I have no experience with Bluetooth aids but I can change from stereo to mono on my iPhone. I much prefer mono as the sound is louder. I have an old iPhone as well.

I have Resound Cala8 HAs and have had this problem only twice in three years. I agree with the advice you have received. Once I rebooted my iPhone and it worked. Another time was not so easy and I erased my Resound 3D app and downloaded it again. Before doing that I would suggest you “Forget this device” and pair them again. See if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies.
The HAs are turned off every night while being recharged. Every morning I reconnect them to the phone by starting the app.
Today they worked fine. Mono telephone sound in the middle of my head :slight_smile:
I will try rebooting the iPhone the next time the problem arises.

You don’t need any app on the iPhone for your LiNXs. While your iPhone is in standby or on and near you just turn your HAs on and a few seconds later you are connected.

2 Likes

what most people do not understand is that with MFI connected aids you really do not have to have an app. The iPhone/iPad/iPod control panel will allow you to change programs, and give you the battery level left.

1 Like

I see this too. Not only MFI but Android also with the Phonak Marvel aids. No app is needed.

I know, but I prefer using the app as it allows me easily to change between preset programs and my own variations of these - like I find the standard setup the audi has given me a slightly lacking in treble and the balance between the ears not quite perfect, so by starting the app I automatically change this.
My hearing may also change from day to day, depending on my physical condition. The app let me do the adjustments in an easy way.

The audiologist never told me that, so I had to discover it myself.

That’s what this forum is for :slight_smile: