How to interpret REM based KS9 settings

Which of these is a better fit, and why? What hallmarks are indicative of a worse fit?

I think one has less compression (good) while the other has less feedback (good). In the audiogram, grey was 2 years ago, done at the same Costco with I presume the same equipment but different clinician.

Thanks!

The first picture shows a good fit, it’s within feedback limits, but really what fitting formula was used for each, also what types of domes or molds, also was REM used on both fittings?giving this information will help others with advice.

Which one did you prefer?

1 Like

REM for both? Yes
Domes? Closed
Formula? I saw the word “NAL” something, and “semi-linear” on the screen but don’t know if either is the answer you want.
Prefer? I used the first setting for 2 years and only days on the second setting so probably too early to judge.

Thanks.

From a clinical standpoint the better fitting is the one that sounds best to you while allowing you to hear what you want. I can set my aid to a technically perfect match in Smart Fit but it’s so harsh I can’t wear it.

1 Like

This. Based on averages the software will recommend a best fit for your audiogram. REM will make sure that you are actually getting that result in your ear. But none of this guarantees that it will provide you with the best hearing.

For many it will be right, or close enough that they won’t bother playing with it. For others it represents the best starting point to make adjustments from. For a handful it will be useless and then the Audi/HIS will really earn their keep.

1 Like

110% correct, REM is just another tool in the toolbox.

Yes perfect advice, I may add “How you want” as well.

Actually most people do go back for further adjustments, very few get it right first time.

Yeah exactly, but I would add to this by saying "at this point your better off going DIY.

A lot of good common sense replies from you guys.

1 Like