How to buy a mini Pro - USB 2.0 Hearing Aid Programmer [DIY]

Since their business model is to sell and fit hearing aids it seems unlikely they would confuse the cables.

@pvc Thank you there for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

I bought one from these guys on eBay about two weeks ago and it arrived in 6 days. Came in a sealed box and works perfectly.

Mike

I’ve followed your example and done the same thing…quoted $300 US by Adam Caviness.

Close to $400 Aussie dollars but. Fingers crossed I have the same experience!

I’m about to do the same.

They sent me a “sample invoice” showing a price of $300 with $0 shipping. Nice to see it hasn’t gone up in the last month.

and @jtoxx - thanks for your review and description of your purchase and experience with them. This is our first foray into hearing aids and we’re jumping in the deep end doing everything ourselves. So I’m grateful for any and all real life help :slight_smile:

An update on my purchase from Buyhear

I ordered and paid (paypal) on 28/3. I did the waiver the same day. Got an email 2 days later from Adam asking me what aids I was planning to use it with. I replied (Oticon Opn)

Heard nothing for over a week in spite of 2 emails from me asking for a status update.

I finally posted a query on 6/4 on their sales platform (shopify) and got an answer on 7/4 that they were boxing it up on Monday (9/4). I have to wonder if the order had got lost and only my posting reminded them that I was waiting.

I know it was only a bit over a week and Easter in between, but I was concerned at no reply from the email address.

Also, I had ordered the aids the same day from Korea. They were dispatched 2 days later and they arrived on 4/4. So now I’ve got the aids but no programmer :disappointed_relieved:.

Anyway, lesson is don’t be patient and assume everything is progressing. Be a squeaky wheel.

Buyhear have some notoriety of not saying much when they’re out of stock. I’m not sure about squeaky wheel.

An update on my purchase from Buyhear

I ordered and paid (paypal) on 27 Feb…got a shipping email on April 3…still waiting on arrival. (Australia)

Cheers Mark

You might see if you can get your money refunded and then buy from the ebay seller in South Korea for an extra $30 USD over what you paid. Very possible you will get it faster. Mine came in 6 days from Korea to California. I have no idea how long it would take to get to Australia.

Bit late for that…according to USPS…its in Australia…so should expect it any day now.

Cheers Mark

I’m Glad to hear it’s close.

I totally overlooked that you said you got a shipping email already.

Mike

Ordered on March 16th not yet shipped. I would urge anyone ordering the minipro+cables from buyhear to first confirm if they have it in stock. Otherwise, it is an unending wait for your order with no updates and communication from their side. More information on this thread.

One more thing people might want to consider. @z10user2 told me that Buyhear orders the minipros from China. Currently there seems to be a trade war between the US and China I am not clear if the import of minipros might be affected as a consequence. Maybe someone with more knowledge can adress this.

@bruiserbbq were they replying to your email enquiries about dealyed shipping?

Maybe I would look at it by way of deductive reasoning (which I’m not always great at :slight_smile: ). The minipro’s are from China. If someone from elsewhere wants to stock and sell them then THEY get the minipro’s from China. I don’t actually know for a fact that this seller orders from China. Merely deducing.

Well, I wish I’d done a bit more research on buyhear before using them :disappointed_relieved:

Their email saying it would be dispatched on Monday was apparently another delaying tactic. No shipping email and no reply to my query.

Not sure whether to try canceling the order and try to get my money back. Has anybody successfully got a refund from Buyhear?

Well my Mini Pro and cables (from Buyhear) arrived here today…took a lot longer than I liked…but now the fun starts!

Cheers Mark

1 Like

Well I’ve managed to get it all hooked up with no problems. It’s going to be a steep learning curve. I’ve watched a few Genie 2 Audiologyonline seminars…so slowly getting my head around it. One change I would like to do…is change the initial volume at start up. I find I have to reduce the volume down (using the app on my phone) at start up as its too loud…but I can’t seem to find how you do this in Genie. Would appreciate some help if anyone knows how to do this…otherwise I’ll just have to keep studying the Genie 2 software.

Cheers Mark

Glad to hear yours arrived :grinning:
I finally got a shipping notification (from usps not from buyhear) on Friday so mine is on the way too.
I’ve run the genie software in simulation mode and watched the audiology online courses but I’m sure I’ll find it a steep learning curve too (so many options).

Have fun

Thanks pvc.

If it had been much longer that’s exactly the route I would have gone. Happily it seems to have been sent on Thursday, just over 2 weeks after order, so I’ll wait patiently (and monitor the tracking every day)

Thanks for your helpful advice MikeJI…will spend some time with your suggestions!

Cheers Mark

I just ordered the mini-pro on Aliexpress
Price is 239 USD now

1 Like

ForSound offer a promotion for mini Pro, 20% off til 28 august, the price is $183.2 now - search for their listing on Aliexpress.