How often to have ears professionally cleaned

Some ears produce more wax than others. After many years of difficulty with this I learned to do it myself. The key item is to get a small (fits in palm of your hand) rubber syringe. This can be filled with lukewarm water and squirted in the ear while leaning over the sink. Nowadays, I first use a dropper to irrigate ear with a homemade mixture of alcohol/hydrogen peroxide. Some people use h. peroxide half and half w/ water, then finish with several squeezes of plain water. You don’t need to buy a “kit” or use patented mixtures. Sometimes drops (as above) in the ear for several nights (bedtime) in a row can precede the flushing. Then use warm water to syringe it clean. Sometimes you’ll see wax coming out, sometimes not. If you have trouble with waxy ears, having them done by the doctor occasionally is probably a good idea.

2 Likes

I never had a problem until I started wearing silicone molds… now i need to have my ears flushed about every 5 weeks

1 Like

That sounds like a good plan. I’m going to try using a bulb syringe with water only at first to see if that’ll work for me. I do like the idea of the mixture you’re using and will use that if water alone doesn’t help.

1 Like