How often do you upgrade your hearing aids? [POLL]

I have the Resound Linx 3D’s. The updated iOS has been a problem for me too. My hearing aids want to connect to my phone when I take photos. Doesn’t happen all the time though. Plus, when I get in/out of range of my phone, I hear these connection beeps that I never used to hear. Very annoying.

1 Like

Same here about the beeps when away from the phone. Then the Bluetooth is disconnected. One thing I have found as a workaround is if I’m only hearing audio through one hearing aid , I open the Battery door of the one HA that isn’t streaming and keep it open about 15 secs and then close it. Then Bluetooth ‘sometimes’ connects. Not always but sometimes. Also, I don’t know if this applies to your HA app, but it takes forever for phone to connect to BT. I don’t know why but if I wait long enough it finally connects. ‘Sometimes’. :crazy_face:. Good Luck.

Google can’t even stream phone conversations to hearing aids on a Pixel 2/3. Something Apple has been doings since at least the Iphone 5. So I’m not sure I’d proclaim Google as the leader in HA technology.

I think if you read my post carefully, I did not proclaim Google a leader in HA or all phone technology. I did mention relative to Apple that Google (and HuaWei) are now consistently being cited as having the best smartphone cameras although depending upon what reviews you read, the iPhone 11 now may be considered equal or superior to those devices and very much back in the race to tout “best camera.” The incorporation of AI into the picture taking process is cited as a good part of the reason why Google’s Pixel cameras take pretty good pictures.

My point was that Google has recognized accessibility as something to address in a big way. Live Transcribe, Live Caption, etc., along with the AI chops to make big things happen. Not to get into a flame war but Apple depends on Google for its search engine and pays Google billions of dollars a year to use it under the Apple name (if you don’t want to straight up use Google Search). Was true for a while with Google Maps, etc. YouTube, Google Photos are all very big things.

The claim that I made was “So if anyone is going to come along with killer AI technology and a hearing app ecosystem that makes me want to upgrade for “must-have” improvements, I think I’d bet more on Google and its collaborators more than anyone else…”

Apple has depended on Google in a big way, not the other way around (except possibly for the cash flow Apple has provided Google). But with today’s announced 23% drop in the profit of the Alphabet parent company of Google in its quarterly earnings report, perhaps I need to reconsider rosy predictions about where Google’s AI and accessibility technology is taking the world - but how about Live Transcribe and Live Caption for the iPhone - how’s that coming along? Google Translate is also considered the best on-the-fly translation app and something that would be very useful to have incorporated not only into HA technology but also into regular old ear buds for normal hearing folks. I have to confess to not being particularly familiar with Apple products (my wife has owned an iPhone for many years, my daughters MacBooks for many years) but what do Apple users do for on-the-fly language translation?

1 Like

Wow. When is your book on this subject coming out ?

1 Like

shalom shalom shalom
שלום

Price is the limiting factor :frowning:

Every 5 years for me.

1 Like

I’ve been assuming that this is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase barring unforeseen trouble.

1 Like

Not a very good assumption unless you’re not expecting to have too many years left.

3 Likes

My Oticon Agil Pro’s lasted me 7 years. I have no idea what to expect from my new ones.

Yes, indeed they need to be kept dry!

Hi Hello
Did you want to ask me something

I would like to help you
Yehuda

KS9s at Costco for $1499 should put you in a happy place as long as the dog doesn’t eat them.

I replace mine every four years – due to insurance provider’s limitation ($1300 every four years maximum)

Last I remembered Hearing Tracker was about (1) hearing aids, (2) hearing loss, (3) sharing (hearing related) information. Seems you need to start seeing the “forest for the trees”. Before it’s too late.