How much did you pay for Widex Evoke Fusion 2 440 rechargeable?

After spending $8k on My very first pair of hearing aids from my audiologist back in 2016, I have a gut feeling the same audiologist is trying to screw me over $$, again. I did some research back then, after a few friends were shocked at the price I paid, and found she had charged me more than DOUBLE the retail price (they retailed for $3,299 for both ears)

Now, she’s claiming that she’s not only being totally fair, but that she’s giving me a super-special “Family & Friends” discount through Widex, of which she only gets three per year. So, she’s willing to “sacrifice” and sell me this new pair of Widex Evoke 440 Fusion 2s, with rechargeable batteries and battery doors, the charger/dehydrator, and a device to connect it to my TV (digitally - its Widex’s new version of the TV-Dex), for only $7,500.

Is $7,500 for these, a rip-off? And, I have profound hearing loss with the majority of my issue being an inability to hear someone’s voice clearly over the TV, or in a loud or crowded environment. She’s swearing up and down this is the best of the best hearing aid for me. But, I don’t trust her. Thankfully, money isn’t an issue. I’ll pay what I need to pay to have the best hearing aids available. Thank you in advance for any information you may have for me!

Have you checked the local deals option from this site? I see several offers for the HAs at $4200 fitted etc. claiming that’s 37% off, no mention of accessories. Do you have an itemized breakdown of the offer? Hard to imagine that much in add-ons!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum,

The best hearing aids are the ones fitted correctly and you wear every day.

If you could spend some time reading this forum you will find answers to your questions.

The prices you have mentioned sound high to me. High pressure hearing aid sales is sure a turn off. Do you have other places to buy or trial different hearing aids? Are you anywhere near a Costco?

You have come to great place to learn about hearing aids and your hearing loss.

Good luck

1 Like

You may want to stop by a Costco and price some aids there. Widex are certainly good hearing aids, but those made by the others in the big six group are very good too. They are much more similar than different. Costco sells Phonak (including the KS9 for $1500 a pair), ReSound, Rexton (like Signia), and Phillips.

1 Like

Yes, I took a look at the sale prices. I’m pretty sure I’ll go with one of those providers. Thank you!

There are several things that can cause hearing aid prices to vary. Region and cost of living/administration costs for the practice are one. Then, the pricing the provider is able to obtain from a manufacturer. If they do a large amount of business with one particular hearing aid company, they may be able to negotiate better pricing, than from a manufacturer whom they only order one or two sets a year. Sometimes practices got financing from a manufacturer, and to pay back their loan, they cost of goods on devices is higher. Some practices also bundle their costs, meaning you’re not only paying for the device, but for follow-up visits as well. Practices that unbundle may have a lower price up front, but you may pay for each office visit. Some important questions to ask before purchasing hearing aids: 1) What is the education level of my provi wder? 2) Is my provider following evidence based practice and performing best practice guidelines like performing Real-Ear Measurements and speech-in-noise testing? 3) Is my provider’s practice manufacturer owned, or independent? 4) Do they fit more than one brand of hearing aids? 5) Are they bundled or unbundled? And can they provide me with an itemized receipt for goods and services? 6) Are the hearing aids they’re providing “locked”, or can they be taken anywhere to be programmed? 7) Is my provider in good standing with their state licensing board? With the Better Business Bureau? What about their online reviews?
These are all things to consider. Good luck to you!
If you want to find providers who are committed to following best practice guidelines in your area, consider using the Dr. Cliff Provider Network. Obviously these folks are not the only ones who follow best practice guidelines, but it can save you time and energy in searching: Find a Hearing Healthcare Provider | Dr Cliff AuD