How much are you affected by a mild to moderate loss?

When i first got my hearing aids a year and a half ago my audiogram was a bit better than now but it made me realise that I hardly ever heard birds! I walk through a wooded area often and had never heard so many birds before so loudly! I also heard like all noises cars make for this first time too because without my aids cars sound like a relaxing quiet wave crash :joy:

2 Likes

@user948, you can purchase Sony OTC hearing aids directly from Sony on line. The first thing they do in the set up is a hearing test through the hearing aids themselves and with an app on your iPhone. You never leave your house. It’s very easy. Based on the hearing test, their computer selects a prescription matched to your needs. It was spot on for me. These hearing aids have had universal excellent reviews and my trial matched those reviews. It seems like a good was to get started to me. And easy.

1 Like

I forgot to add, I’m in Australia. They don’t have them available here, and the Australian online stores don’t have them available either.

1 Like

Are you saying that Sony does not ship to Australia?

Not that I can see. We do have Sony. But hearing aids aren’t on the Australian site. I sure if it was a necessary thing, there are services that can arrange shipping from America to here but then returns and warranty stuff would be a pain if I didn’t like them or something broke.

I agree with this, without HAs the sounds are flat and lifeless. I’m hoping we have some good monsoons this year so I can listen to thunder too.

2 Likes

Can you purchase from Amazon? My mom lives in the sticks and decided to buy her OTC aids from there.

Based on my experience with the HCP / prescription HA route, I’m definitely going OTC when my Oticon Real 2s die. I’m afraid to check how much money I could have saved getting something like the Sony HAs you’re referring to.

Edit: Damn curiosity. I just checked. OMG, I’m nauseous.

2 Likes

I never realized how much having my hearing aids made a difference in my life, it’s crazy to learn things like clothes and light rain make noise. It’s helped me not burn as much food from the oven🤣

4 Likes

Sony OTC hearing aids are also not available from Sony in New Zealand.
They are available from 3rd party importers but the price markup makes them more expensive than going to the local Costco for HAs (we have only 1 Costco outlet in New Zealand so it is only “local” for about 40% of the population).

1 Like

Which island is Costco on?

Costco in New Zealand is located in the largest city, Auckland, near the top of the North Island.

1 Like

The Sony aids are being released outside of the US as the Vibe. The Sony cre-c10 is the Vibe Air in Australia (already available) and the Sony cre-e10 will be known as the Vibe Go when released. It is already available in Singapore.

Thanks. I’ve been to NZ, a wanted to know.