How loud (decibel) is a mouse click?

Today I noticed the sound of mouse click on desktop computer and wondered how loud and what decibel a click is. Do you have any knowledge?

Using “Smart Tools” app on my Android phone I measured a Logitech MX 3 right mouse click at 55-59dB.

Thanks. Mine is a mediocre type.

I’m not familiar with that model. :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/review/R25IPHJ7JV1S4W

Download a dB app on your phone and find out how loud it is?

1 Like

I didn’t know they made a noise when they clicked. But now that I know that, what’s the point

I didn’t know that. Thanks
The app says about 50 decibels

Without static noise attenuate feature turn on, its can be quite loud enough to be bothered with.

55-60dB is pretty noticeable in quiet room with only fan/computer noise in background.

But in normal situation, talking everywhere in the office or room. You should not notice it.

Normal noise these days @ 70dB is pretty normal. Below that, its not annoying… much

My logitech G203 is about 45 dB at my ear according to this likely inaccurate app, but if I’m really dramatic about it I can get up to 70.

If you are going to give dB readings, give distances too. The worst mouse I could find is the Dell that was shipped with my PC. It registered 40dB at 2 ft in a room where the ambient sound was about 32 dB. Just moving my person around, typing, etc was much louder. I was using the Sound Meter Android app.

So How Good are These Smartphone Sound Measurement Apps?

This topic brought another thought to me. Anybody here use an app that gives the frequency range that a sound is heard in?
Seems like it could be a useful tool to use when trying to describe to your audiologist a particular sound you are having trouble hearing.

Yes
Sounds Spectrum Analyzer

2 Likes