How is the streaming of the Oticon ConnectClip, versus Phonak Audeo Marvel's built-in streaming?

You are correct, the TV Connector does not use Bluetooth. It is great for streaming but is one-way only. It can only be used for listening.

I’ve only used Android and I have no experience with iPhone.

Thank you for the quick reply. I was looking for the experience of a user of the TV Connector, and you appeared to be a fan of it. I’m going to guess that this is still a significant improvement on the battery drain, and I suppose that even if I were to use the TV Connector for listening I could still use the PC’s microphone for speaking…

Thanks again.

I only wish I was as happy with my Marvels as he is.

I have the TV Connector and use it for streaming from my TV. It works pretty well in this, with reservations. In reading the Phonak propaganda, I ran across the same claims about reduced battery drain. I have used mine for 8 hours a day, two days running without draining the batteries. I think there was at least another day left. I must point out that mine use the size 13 battery. Knowing that the Marvel had a bigger current requirement, I asked for that right up front. I have used the bluetooth with my phone a couple of times, and there are things I like, and things I don’t. Today, I had my phone paired to the aids, and was in the check out at Wal Mart when my wife called. After finishing the conversation, I explained to the checker that I wasn’t talking to an imaginary person, but on the phone. He just shrugged. I guess it wasn’t his first time seeing that, but it still made me feel strange. I usually take out my phone and hold it up in front of me when streaming a call through my aids, just so others know.

1 Like

I’m very fortunate to not have an audiogram dipping as low as either you or youbgone. It would appear from what I’ve learned on the forum that the more severe the loss the harder it is to correct and adjust.

youbgone, it needs to be pointed out that I’m well aware that my corrected hearing doesn’t come close to what I had before my loss. These are, after all, called hearing “aids” for a reason. As you guys so well know, they can only aid hearing and not totally correct for a loss, especially a severe or profound loss like you guys have. I’m enthusiastically delighted my Marvels do as well as they do. And as my forum name suggests, I’m a full time market trader, and I find no evidence that Phonak stock is traded on any of the US exchanges. :nerd_face: