How do you use IFTTT with your hearing aids?

For those who currently have IFTTT-enabled hearing aids. How do you use IFTTT in your life?

Prompted by @gsl’s comment about wanting IFTTT in Quattro.

I don’t use it at all it isn’t worth the trouble

I don’t have Oticon, but have the IFTTT app installed on my Android.
It is not a must, but it is a nice to have.

I agree–a hassle to implement and an intrusion of privacy. I had the IFTTT capabilities with the Oticon OPN 1’s, and I thought I’d check it out to see how it works. They collect a lot of info about you just to set it up. I’m not comfortable with that, but I suppose a lot of techie-type people will think it’s cool. I think it inflates the price of the hearing aids too. I wish that Oticon offered an OPN model without it. Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

The IFTTT functionality that I would like (but I don’t think the companies involved have provided IFTTT apps that could do the job) is when someone presses my Ring Video doorbell, I could answer the doorbell and talk to that person through my HA’s. Perhaps I can already do this streaming audio from the Ring app on my phone to my HA’s, I haven’t tried and I always have to be within range of my phone - I think answering the doorbell has to be done through the phone, I can’t “pickup” by pressing a button on my HA or the Phone Clip+. It would be nice if there were a way to treat answering the doorbell as if it were a “phone call” from the front door and then just answer and talk completely through my HA’s and my streamer.

My answer just reflects my ~complete ignorance of what HA’s can do on the IFTTT front. One of the reasons that the Opn 1 was initially my choice for an HA was that it could do IFTTT but when I looked at the functionality available, it seemed limited and it didn’t seem that Oticon was really pushing it.

I tried it then found it to be useless for me. I don’t have any of the other devices and security devices that it uses

I work in a noisy environment and setup location triggers to automaticly change to speech in noise when I get to work and change back to normal when I leave.

My friend uses this with the Ring Doorbell. She says it’s a hassle but it’s also good.