How do I get a copy of my VA hearing test?

Had an audiology test done this past Thursday. Asked for my test while there and received it. Was told it was lucky that I asked because if you don’t they kind of go into a dark hole. Chuck is one of the lucky ones. While myhealth shows all the emails I have sent and received it is lacking almost everything else. The only reason I saw my notes and previous test was that I had filed a claim and received my claims file from the VA. It was all included in that request of the C-file. Still nothing in myhealth to this day on my hearing. The good news is I now have a set of the More’s coming and will use the OPN S1’s as my backup pair.

Over the last 16 years I have learned the hard way to ask up front. I have dealt with 5 clinics in 2 states. It seems each clinic has different rules even in the same governing region. About the only thing that has been the same is the online sites, and the online ordering of medicines.

Am I sounding like a broken record here?
@John_Green You have to visit the Medical Records Department. That is where your Audiology records are kept.
Not w/ a patient rep.
Not w/ Audiologist
Medical Records!!
Stop all other efforts, they are fruitless.
Medical Records.
Whew…

1 Like

Do you have a premium HealtheVet account?
Do you run the Blue Button teports?
Every encounter, they call them, is is in there in date sequence with amazing detail. I just pull mine from the date of my last audiology visit and every detail is there.

1 Like

John go to Costco and get a free test and the hell with them, its not worth their aggravation

That’s the spirit Bob…
While you’re there buy their aids and give back your free ones.

It really isn’t near as complicated as it is being made out to.
First they aren’t going to mail medical information without a lot of paperwork.
As mentioned above just visit the medical records department.
Get a positive attitude everyone at the VA is not your enemy

here’s a hint…
Assessment results may be viewed in CPRS under TOOLS - AUDIOGRAM/QUASAR.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with you. I have been using the VA since early 2004, and wish I have been a lot longer. I have been getting my aids from the VA since the fall of I believe 2005. I have used 5 different clinics, in two states and two different VA regions, and I have never really had any issues. I have always be respectful to all of the staff, yes there was times that I wanted to say something but I was reminded that the VA doesn’t follow the private sector practices, so I made it a point to learn the ropes as they say. And as my grandmother said you catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

Folks should remember that any interaction during an encounter is documented in detail. So, bad mouthing, wise cracking, whatever go in your records so it’s easy to become ‘that guy’… Once in urgent care with a broken bone in my foot they were running through the usual questions one is are you feeling depressed and as a wise ass I said only when I’m here with a broken foot… I was lucky to get out without seeing shrink. humor is not their sweet spot.

2 Likes

This is so true. I say a poor veteran at the clinic in Texas make so remark that I didn’t fully understand and the next thing I saw 3 security guards all around him. They talked for about 15 minutes then left. Then to veteran looked at someone else and I did hear him say I guess we no longer can disagree with any one.

Ok, where are my medical records? The ones concerning Audiology aren’t online. The folks at the clinic I went last said they weren’t there. Would they be at my local VAMC? They don’t do Audiology there. For all the information on all the VA websites I have visited, I have never found the information I was looking for at the time.

how does one get access to CPRS?
Isn’t it a software program for VA employees only?

He really has no interest in getting his hearing results… At least 3 responders have described in great detail How but he continues to play the victim.

3 Likes

John, You won’t find your audiogram on-line. You will find your audiogram, along with all of your medical records at the Records department of your VA Medical Center, which may be in a different location than your Audiology Clinic. You can find where your medical records are kept by looking on-line at MyHealtheVet / Personal Information / My Profile where you should find your Preferred VA Medical Center, it looks like the image below. Visit that VAMC in person, and go to the Records department.

MY VA TREATING FACILITIES

1 Like

When I was in Austin I could get it at the new Austin clinic. Here in Arkansas we have Community centered clinics, with the main offices in Little Rock. But my Audiologist has always gotten me a print out of my audiogram while at the clinic.

You know, I had never really thought of myself as a victim. But, now that you mention it, maybe I am a victim of VA bureaucracy. Thanks!
Oh, by the way, I have been able to obtain most of the notes from my audiology appointments. Fascinating reading. Still no audiograms though.

We really need to close this thread, because I don’t believe @John_Green has read all the specific information he needs to obtain his audiogram, which many of us have taken the time, and effort to post.
YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE RECORDS DEPARTMENT OF YOUR NEAREST VAMC!
IT IS NOT ONLINE!

I think john, if not pulling our leg, needs to resolve some other problems before worrying about his audio-gram.

4 Likes

Agree @Morgan1946, there could be other issues at play here or perhaps not? Only John can answer that…. To me, he is a former serviceman, who served his country, and should be treated with the utmost respect, on here and with the VA…… Cheers Kev :wink:

Well I see my post has been removed… good luck

No, but it should have been. We don’t make fun of or attack fellow vets. This vet needs help with a problem. Not fools screaming at him or making snide remarks towards him. John, if you would like to pursue this further, just pm me. I would be glad to try.

2 Likes