How can I connect my Phonak P90-R to airline in-flight entertainment?

I have the Phonak P90Rs… At some point in the future we will all be flying again… With my last aids (Phonak B90), I used a 3.5mm connection from the headphone socket on the armrest to my Compilot - worked like a dream.

With the P90R, there is no Compilot - so how can I connect my aids to the in-flight audio?

Is TV Connector the only way?

Thanks!

I haven’t been flying lately. TV connector may work fine on flights with a good USB connector, I haven’t tried it. Roger stuff works also. Last few times I was on a long flight I used a $15 TaoTronics Bluetooth dongle - works great.

1 Like

Not sure if you’re allowed to use HAs during the flight of they’re not in the flight mode?

If not, then just be aware that whole BT chip is down when in flight mode. And that also means roger and tv connector.

Also, tv connector will work with battery power pack as long as there’s constant sound input.

Thanks. If I use the TV Connector and a stranger sitting close by is also wearing Phonak Marvels/Paradise, then is there a risk they may tune into my movie :rofl: If so, that could be an even bigger problem!

Cannot tune in without previously connecting with your tv connector, and for that, aids have to be close to the tv connector and button clicked. Unless you’re sleeping I’m fairly confident you’d notice it happening :slight_smile:

That’s reassuring to know :slight_smile: I guess the way forward is TV Connector with a USB cable for power and an analog cable. Assuming this all works in flight mode :wink:

You can use mobile phones during flight in most countries, including Bluetooth headsets, so HAs would be fine.

Good to know. So flight mode (in aids and for phone) is then necessary only for landing and lift off?

Yes that’s right, they put the pop up on the screen to turn them off when landing and take off, but I’ve never bothered with my HAs tho.

I have flown on 3 different airlines and asked all 3 about flight mode. I was told by all that you do not have to use flight mode as it is not necessary. It’s more important to be able to hear all safety announcements.

Flight mode only turns of the wireless connection, it doesn’t effect the HAs microphone’s.

All the time on AirNZ and Qantas.
Also used aids in ICU unit they said use them they dont interfere.