Home remedies

Hi All

i was just wondering if there are any home remedies for tinnitus?

Some remedies for anyone interested

-Eat fresh pineapple
-Include garlic, kelp and sea vegetable in your diet
-Take 300 mg. a day of Coenzyme Q10
-Bayberry bark, burdock root, goldenseal, hawthorn leaf and flower and myrrh gum to purify blood and counter act infection

Some remedies for anyone interested

-Eat fresh pineapple
-Include garlic, kelp and sea vegetable in your diet
-Take 300 mg. a day of Coenzyme Q10
-Bayberry bark, burdock root, goldenseal, hawthorn leaf and flower and myrrh gum to purify blood and counter act infection

There is a product out by Naturalcare called “Ringstop”. It has ingredients such as: alpha lipoic acid, butchers broom, gingko biloba leaf, magnesium and more. Try the Internet for more info.

So has anyone tried these products? Anyone with experience please post and let us know!

Interesting, And what is it in these foods that relieve tinnitus? Source?

Personally I take Klonoplin every other day at a low dose 1mg, It really helps in reducing the ringing as well as a good nights rest.

Gald the low does Klonipin worked for you, It did nothing for me except make my thinking even fuzzier. Also Klonipin ( or any other epileptic drug)is not exactly a home remedy.
Cannot remember the sources but pineapple, fresh not canned, is supposed to be eaten on an empty stomach and include the core. the idea is the the bromilein in pineapple will improve circulation to the head and help free up your tiny ear conduction bones. Lots of people use Natto for this same effect.
Garlic is supposed to do the same and lower blood pressure, some feel that the rushing type of T is caused by blood pressure problems. I don’t know an have low to normal presure and a smal part of my T is rushing sounds.
CoQ10 is supposed to help the mitochondria process O2 better thus bringing more O2 to the cells.

I have tried hundreds of different home and medical cures. None worked for me, each person is different.
What has worked for me is proper fitted hearing aids (by an audiologist experienced with T) and some ambient type music in the background.

Hi to all i want to share something important about tinnitus just follow the link, thank you.

Sudden onset non-positional Vertigo, I always had ringing and rushing Thought that was normal.

I was told about the Lipo-Flavinoids and gave it a shot, WOW what a difference, dizziness gone, nausea much better, Ringing and rushing minimized.

http://www.lipoflavonoid.com/Pages/LipoHome

Interesting. I see the ads but have always thought a ripoff.

Hi Venster, I suffer from level 2 Tinnitus now for about 3 years. Tinnitus really does suck. The only effective measure of all things I have done were the ones which were proven effective. These cures going around are pretty innefective. This helped me ease my tinnitus:

1. I cut down my salt intake: too much salt makes the Tinnitus even more agitating

2. Cut out caffiene: I got rid of my morning coffees and the Tinnitus got much weaker, caffiene only helps agitate the Tinnitus.

3. Stress management: I just do some breathing exercises but there are a lot of other options out there available. Too much stress makes anything worse.

Anyone who has done these so far besides myself have had success; as for the cures, I have yet to see one successful one among my group of friends.

I have several articles on tinnitus in my forum in the article section. Some of these discuss remedies

Rick

Some helpful remedies;
If you have trouble sleeping, cover the Tinnitus with a recording of soothing sounds or music.

Decrease your intake of salt. Salt impairs blood circulation.

Try a Tinnitus masker a small device worn like a hearing aid: it makes a pleasant sound to compete with Tinnitus.

Get your blood pressure checked. If it is high, get your doctor’ help to control it.

Avoid taking aspirin as it can worsen Tinnitus.

If allergies are the cause for Tinnitus stay away from things that can cause them.

Stop worrying about the noise. Recognize your head noise as an annoyance and learn to ignore it as much as possible.

I also have tinnitus pretty bad but havent really tried anything to stop it. Its getting to the point where Im thinking about going to the doctor to seek help. It seems to be worse at night but I work around a lot of noise in the day so thats probably why I dont notice it as much. The new HA’s that Im trying right now are a little loud for me and the ringing seems to be worse after wearing them all day.

When sleeping I listen to white noise from the radio or run a fan at its fastest setting to mask the noise.

I am too trying Lip-Flavonoid

im taking 2 pills 3 times a day
it might be working but its only been a week
and last week the ringing was unbearable now its fainted but i am also taking serequel xr for the anxiety

i got it after trying citalopram for 1 week which is an anti-depressant

Gald the low does Klonipin worked for you, It did nothing for me except make my thinking even fuzzier. Also Klonipin ( or any other epileptic drug)is not exactly a home remedy.
Cannot remember the sources but pineapple, fresh not canned, is supposed to be eaten on an empty stomach and include the core. the idea is the the bromilein in pineapple will improve circulation to the head and help free up your tiny ear conduction bones. Lots of people use Natto for this same effect.
Garlic is supposed to do the same and lower blood pressure, some feel that the rushing type of T is caused by blood pressure problems. I don’t know an have low to normal presure and a smal part of my T is rushing sounds.

Yeah its not really a “home remedy” but helps in my case. I will have to try this pineapple and Natto to see if i find any changes.

I suffer from over 7 noises … rushing,sharp tones, hisses etc … The Rushing sound im pretty sure is caused by blood pressure. It feels as if I can hear the blood rushing through my jugular vein. When i exercise the pressure seems to calm down some.

In the past i have tried many vitamins Lipo flavanoids, vitamin b,c,d,e, you name it … nothing that significant. Currently i am following the advancements with stem cell over in iran … lets cross our fingers…

http://cordbloodreviews.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/iranians-use-stem-cells-to-treat-tinnitus/

Sudden onset non-positional Vertigo, I always had ringing and rushing Thought that was normal.

I was told about the Lipo-Flavinoids and gave it a shot, WOW what a difference, dizziness gone, nausea much better, Ringing and rushing minimized.