Hipro issues w10

Looking for Target software. Will PM last requester.

0 Likes

Go the the proper place to obtain fitting software.
How to find Fitting Software to Program Your Hearing Aids .
Read the second paragraph.

0 Likes

Hi pvc, I’ve had this problem before. I keep getting back to diy fitting, sorry.

0 Likes

Did you read the second paragraph? Is there a special reason why you don’t want to use the procedure described in the second paragraph?

0 Likes

HI pvc, yes I did and I couldn’t make it work, just kept going round in circles. I was away from home and using my phone so perhaps this was a reason.
I had four hours to kill so I thought I’d catch up with all the posts on the forum.
Mike

0 Likes

I’m back.
Now on new laptop and Target installed.
Hipro not recognised , light flashes, changed com ports to 1;2 and 3 with no success.
Using w10 with serial hipro and converter - all work ok on w7.
And yes I am a cheapskate, minipro was three times more expensive here in UK.
Any advice? Mike

0 Likes

You can look at some of the many threads about Serial Hi Pro issues.

0 Likes

I’m pretty sure you are not using Serial Port output on your computer since those are long ago obsolete. If you are using a USB to serial adapter then where did you get it? Did it come with your purchase of the serial Hi Pro (meaning it was likely tested to work)? Or did you purchase it separately (meaning it is likely not compatible)?

0 Likes

Hi PVC, solved! New laptop has USB3 and won’t accept signal but recognises Hipro.
Using only USB2 socket cured this.
No yellow icon in device manager but troubleshooting system picked it up _ "serial cable may not work "
USB3 supposed to degrade to 2 as far as I have read.
Mike

1 Like