Hi-Pro without Original Serial Cable

I plan to get the serial hi-pro, but it doesn’t comes with the original serial cable.
FYI, I been searching about this, but I haven’t found anyone confirming that the “StarTech.com USB to Serial RS232 Adapter - DB9 Serial DCE Adapter Cable with FTDI – Null Modem - USB 1.1 / 2.0 – Bus-Powered (ICUSB232FTN)” actually worked.
Have anyone found the serial to usb that works without the original serial cable?
Or other ways you have found to make it work without the original serial cable.

I have used the Belkin F5U109 for a long time. They are still available on eBay.

Yes, I seen the Belkin F5U109, but I believe you still need the serial cable (RS232C). Since the male to male won’t connect.
InkedMadsen-HI-PRO-BOX-Noah-Compatible-RS232C_LItf
The one circle in red is the serial cable RS232C that comes with Hi-pro.
I’m getting hipro without the serial cable.
Did your Hipro came with the serial cable (RS232C)?

Don’t know how to explain this better.

Exactly what I thought! You answered my question. You gave me an idea. Thank you!
FYI, you have the serial cable which allow you to use the Belkin F5U109.

I have used this setup since 2009 for self programming.
Not exactly sure of what you are saying but this is not an idea, it has worked flawlessly for years.

Hopefully, someone have had a similar situation as mine and made it worked! :crossed_fingers:

Your question has been asked and answered many times over the years in this forum. A number of us use that setup or similar. If you have not bought a HiPro yet, have you looked at the USB or Mini Pro HiPro’s? I would recommend them over the serial HiPro for simplicity.

I would sell mine but still have back up aids that would need the HiPro and cables for fittings.

What aids will you be programming?

I have a few older HAs that are compatible with Hi-pro.
Yeah, I thought about that getting a usb or mini pro. But I found serial hipro half the cost compare to the usb/mini pro. I don’t have to invest to much on the hipro becuase I know when I get new HAs they won’t be compatible with hipro.
I don’t mind getting the serial hipro as long as I can get it to work for the time being.

There are still modern aids using the HiPro. Don’t count the HiPro out yet.
I have had Phonak aids from the beginning. That serial HiPro programmed all of them except my newest Marvel rechargeable aids. Even now some of the Phonak Marvel aids can be programmed with the HiPro.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that info. I’m still look and even the usb hi pro. It might be a good investment.

Reviving an old thread. I also have a serial setup and have programmed phonak Q’s and more recently Oticon OPN. I want to switch back to phonak and currently looking at Marvel. You’ve mentioned they aren’t programmable with a serial covered(I use it on my laptop) hipro. How are you programming them?

Pasted below is an excerpt from a DIY School PDF file named (Fitting Instructions Phonak Target) which you can find by Clicking PVC’s Avatar on any PVC forum post and then click PVC’s Featured Topic. Only the Larger/Telecoil model Marvels can be programmed using wired Hi Pro or mini Pro.

1 Like

Can Noah link wireless be used to program most any manufacturers Bluetooth hearing aid?

The Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device is based on relatively-new technology, namely Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) so it will only work for newer hearing aids that have a hardware BLE radio built into the hearing aid chip.

Which hearing aids have a bultin BLE radio is a tricky question? For example, Widex only recently started allowing Noahlink Wireless as a programming device, and only for one Widex model, the MOMENT model.

So the task of selecting a hearing aid programming device remains the same. Don’t guess about which programming device to use for your model hearing aid. Find the manufacturer’s documentation. For help with that, find a DIY School file named (Help with Connecting Hearing Aids to Fitting Software). You might also find a DIY School file for Fitting Instructions for your specific manufacturer’s hearing aids.

1 Like