Help! What hearing aids to look for?

Hello! I have a problem on deciding what hearing aids to use. My first digital hearing aids were the Perseo…which was amazing! But it died so easily and was so sensitive to moisture but after few years, I tried the supero which was even better because it was alot like perseo but with less technical problems and more power/gain. Supero was by far my favorite…now that four years has passed, ive been looking for new hearing aids. I have Naida right now as trial for 3 weeks now…and I am not happy with them! They remind me a little of FM system hearing aids I used to wear when I was young and I hated them…however I love how I can hear my speech and other’s speech SO well and hear noises I’ve never heard before…however i HATE how the music sounds different to me and how in noisy places, I have to lean in closer to hear people talking to me better because i can hear all other noises as well. What are some suggestions for high powered hearing aids I should look at and try out?? I’m probably hearing 30% without the aids to give an idea…the new hearing aids are expensive so I want to make sure I get the right ones!

Starkey is the largest American hearing aid company. They have some great technology that you might want to try. With one of the best feedback suppression systems on the market today, it can give you more power with less chance of feedback than most other hearing aids. So I would certainly put that on your list of what to try.

http://www.starkeypro.com/public/products_solutions/hearing_aid_devices/destiny_series/specifications_bte_power.jsp

Cold Fact:
the top 3 manuf of the world are Siemens, Oticon and Phonak…
they invest quite a large amount of dollars for R and D, perhaps this is why they have the most advance products… Out there…

I would consider this

The supero was recommended for me, does anyone have any comments or concerns about the supero? Also what would be some other aids that could be compared to the supero? Does anyone use the remotes or the mylink and how do you feel about them?

Thank you

I really liked the supero…it was a power boost and I loved how music sounded with these hearing aids. They were really great! I always used program 2 (background reduction)…so I’d never change it really. The only complaint I had about them was that you have to be EXTREMELY careful with water/moisture…it is very sensitive to moisture so put it in the case that draws out moisture every night to be safe.

The supero was recommended for me, does anyone have any comments or concerns about the supero? Also what would be some other aids that could be compared to the supero? Does anyone use the remotes or the mylink and how do you feel about them?

Thank you

The Supero is quite an old and quickly becoming a redundant technology. You might be better off with an UNA SP AZ or more advanced technology such as the just released Naida III or Naida V (which have wireless capabilites and also have great moisture proofing).

I would have to agree, Supero is a bit old in technology…

Supero has a feature call RECD direct, similar to what the strakey destiny line has…

A

I wouldn’t recommend Naida as something to try after using supero…it shouldnt be compared…maybe try oticon epoq or seimens centra super powered

I wouldn’t recommend Naida as something to try after using supero…it shouldnt be compared…maybe try oticon epoq or seimens centra super powered

The Naida is far superior to the supero, but takes much more getting used to due to the frequency compression adn your aud needs to know what they are doing otherwise it may sound quite bad (scratchy). Another great device which does not take all the getting used to and has excellent client satisfaction is the Exelia SP. It is also much more recent tech than either Epoq and Centra.

we can not compare the naidia with epoq,
the naida is for severe to profound and the epoq is for moderate hearing losses. Epoq do not have either a power or super power…

True, but the previous user did so and then there is Epoq Power to be released soon… :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your replys. I went to a second Audi yesterday and she advised me that the Supero was not up to date also. She advised the micro power from Phonak. She is a little cautious about the low end but feels the benefits from the highend will make up for it. I am pleased that the small size is available to me. Anyone have any comments on the mico power?

Thank you again, this site is great for people like myself who are trying to make an informed decision. I really appreciate your cooperation.