8000 50

Left Ear
250 50
500 50
1000 50
2000 55
4000 55
8000 50

Would you call this a flat-line moderate hearing loss?

I have stumble around with lower end cic aids for ten years or so and job performance has suffered dramatically. I go to court a lot and it is essential that I hear. I am also tired of the in the ear discomfort and want to try bte open fit.

I am looking at the following online approximate offers:
Oticon Delta 8000 $1600 (all per aid)
Resound Metrix Mini $1500
Sonic Innovation Ion $1300
HearPod D.M. 32xd (or III?) $1000

I was about ready to go with the Oticon Delta 8000 and someone expressed concern about whether an open-fit is powerful enough at the low frequency, as my audiogram is not “optimal” for open-fit. Problem is, I was really hoping open-fit would suffice, so that I would be more likely to wear them all the time.

Several of the salespersons keep saying they have had really good results with the Metrix Mini. I do not wholly trust online salepersons to give me un-biased advice (that is not meant as derogatory, it is just that I suspect advice may be influenced by product line and profit margin).

I notice posts on this forum have praised the Sonic Ion and the HearPod, so I have recently added them for consideration.

Is money ever not a factor? However, since my hearing is so related to my job, quality of hearing overrides dollars. Still, I can’t justify in-office prices of $8,000 for the Delta 8000 vesus the online price of about $3200.

Can the Delta 8000 handle my low frequency loss and still preserve the open-ear feature? How about quality and sophistication on the other aids?

One further query. I can’t find a “consumer reports-like” publication about hearing aids. It seems ever “review” I locate is marketing tool of the hearing aid company. Any referrals?

Help. Comments please. Thanks in advance.

The list you have of hearing aids are all probably very good choices, particularly if you can work with a local professional to have them fit properly and adjusted to meet your specific needs.

Unfortunately, if you order them online, you don’t get those professional services. In fact, on 3 out of 4 models you mention, you cannot even change the overall volume settings yourself without taking them in for reprogramming.

I believe the only one that has a volume control the user can adjust are the HearPods.

Aside from those, it might be in your best interest to work with a knowledgable local professional.