Hearing loss mystery

Hey, is there anyone who will give you a 3D CAD file of your ear casting? I’d like to play around with materials and variations for molds on my 3D printer… :grin:

1 Like

And yes I went for the SlimFits, but the result was not what I hoped for.
Besides I was not prepared to wear those permanently even if they worked. Putting those flexible silicon moulds on and off is a major hassle, always afraid to damage the receiver wire.
But my audi came with a surprising solution. Thinking how that a light touch of my finger against the HA could make such a difference in amplification, she suggested to attach the Phonak retentions

… and behold … the gain was remarkable !!

Unhappy with Slim Fits I finally settle for this 3M Flexicap solution.
All day long I am perfectly happy with my Marvels with the power domes and retentions.
But when I want to listen to music or clearly understand spoken word on television, then I put the 3M thing on top of my HA buds. As I already wrote, the sound becomes music and the volume increases. Many of you wrote that preventing leaking of bass is the way to go. Many of you also wrote that the aiming of the receiver speaker is critical. Apparently both problems are handled by the 3M thing. And when I start doing others things I simply take it off without fiddling with my HA.

1 Like