Hearing Loss Enhancement Research survey

hearing-loss

Hi all,

I’m a 22 year old Audio student based in Scotland who is currently conducting research into the improvement of speech-in-noise discrimination in cases of sensorineural hearing loss and wondered if it is possible for you to fill a short survey I have formulated as part of my final year project/dissertation.

The survey consists of 10 optional questions and should last no longer than a couple minutes so feel free to answer as many or as little as you like! Questions asked are completely anonymous and do not ask you to provide specific personal data for which will be kept solely for research purposes only.

If you require any further information about the project or have any concerns/questions about this survey please do not hesitate to reach out to me in confidence via contact details below. Apologies in advance to any of the forum admins if this is inappropriate for this discussion.

Many thanks for your time and interest in my research study

Regards,

Michael

0 Likes

Curious, was it intentional to leave out those 65 or older?

0 Likes

Yuppers, I’m too damn old chronologically and too young mentally. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Do you mean to leave out everyone over 64 from your survey?

0 Likes

Sorry folks, this was an oversight. Survey has now been corrected.

0 Likes

So, I started working it and then gave up. Near the end you ask if responders have hearing aids or some assistive device. If you are expecting people to answer the survey by assessing the state of their “raw” hearing–not assisted, I think you need to tell responders that.

By the way, I gave up after answering a few questions. Now I can’t go back to it because surveymonkey says I already answered the survey. I’m fine with that because I’m not going to return to it. But I’m not sure you’re going to have the answers you think you’re getting.

0 Likes

Your last question is unclear. What is a Personal Sound Amplifier? Is that a hearing aid? Or something else? If it’s a hearing aid, then why not just use that name? If it’s not a hearing aid, then you need to clarify what it is (over the counter non-hearing aid device?).

Your questions are way too generically simple that I think they’re useless. I didn’t have to even promote this survey and I already know what the overwhelming answers are going to be if you survey people with hearing loss on this forum.

1 Like

nparke: With due respect, I think the questions are naïve. Almost all the people on this board would answer “yes” to all the “Do you ever…” questions. As Volusiano posted, the last question begs definitions of the terms used. So answers will depend more on peoples’ interpretation than situation.

0 Likes

Thank you everyone for your responses to this survey.

0 Likes

closed #14
0 Likes