Since hearing aids typically plug up the ear to a certain extent, many users have suffered from moisture being trapped in the ear and causing irritation and infections.
We have been sucessfully using a product called Sahara Dry Ear and it really works to dry the ears effectively. It is a cordless product and dries the ear in about a minute and a half.
How The Sahara DryEar Works
The Sahara Dry Ear rechargeable ear dryer is a highly sophisticated device with a computer chip, heater and fan that regulate airflow automatically. The airflow runs for about a minute at a comfortable temperature and dries the outer ear canal. Drying your ears has never been simpler or more effective. To use the Sahara DryEar, first read the instruction pamphlete that came with your DryEar unit. After that, the basic steps are as follows:
- Fully dry your ears with a towel
- Open the DryEar until fully extended
- Insert personal color-coded earpiece (if necessary)
- Push start button to begin drying cycle
- Place DryEar gently into ear canal (No need to push into ear, comfortably seat on outside of entrance to ear canal)
- Hold DryEar in place until drying cycle ends
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 in your other ear.
- If either of your ears do not feel completely dry, it is entirely safe to run additional cycles in both ears
- When finished it is a good idea to remove your reusable ear piece and clean it with warm soapy water or rubbing alcohol
- Fold the DryEar in half and store until next use